Got a new toy in the mail...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
So, this finally arrived in the mail today...
You must be registered for see images attach

A bluetooth code reader. Sends live data from the computer in the vehicle to your laptop/phone or what have you.

I paid $11.61 Canadian with free shipping. I think it was on sale at the time. Lots of other places list it though:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300870978320?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I use it with the free version of Torque I downloaded via the google play store on my Samsung Galaxy S4. The app is pretty good and gives lots of interesting info and is customizable. I'm just learning how to use it. Here's a couple screenshots (note I was plugged into a Sunfire, not my '400):

"All data"

Fuel trim:

Fault codes:

Just thought I'd share with everybody and say this was about the best 12 bucks I've ever spent. I'm probably going to grab a couple more, just to keep in other cars (and to have one for the girlfriend, who lives half an hour away, so she can tell me if I need to worry about the engine light coming on in her car). Supposedly, some have issues with never working from the get go, probably caused by poor chinese build quality, but I guess getting a replacement isn't a problem. Mine works great.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I've got one of those too. But it's the bigger older model, mine works like a champ. I use it all the time on my buddies rides.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
No torque, but I'm sure you guys have some kind of app for it.

~Via Mobile

And theoretically should work if the phone has bluetooth. Then again, Apple doesn't much like anything that isn't made by Apple. Who knows.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great white did a write up on using an app like that for the crapple devices....