Gonna take the front grille back to stock. Sometimes it takes a step back to go --->

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am just not happy with the front of my truck. I have been screwing around with the grille and all of these lights, markers, turns, etc. and I just can't get it how I want. It just looks too cluttery and too overdone for my tastes now. I went back to an earlier picture of my truck and it looked a lot cleaner.

At this point, I just ordered a stock chrome grille and I am just going to kind of reset the whole front look. Sometimes less is more. I will try the black lights and stuff first; if they don't do it for me, I might just take the whole front end back to stock.

What it looks like now-

You must be registered for see images

I think this is when I liked it best-

You must be registered for see images

I think it all had to do with that RBP style grille. It looks ok, don't get me wrong but it is too much. Unfortunately, the grille shell requires quite a bit of surgery, so I can't just remove the inserts now.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
It looks good both ways!!!!! If you're going to sell your grill I'm interested.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Glad to hear...I didn't want to be rude when I saw that you had put on the RBP grille but I thought it was too much. LOVE the way your truck looks in the second pic! I think it will looks great with those lights and corners, but just with a stock grille instead of the RBP one. Keep us posted!

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ya am92, I still even have those black billet inserts so I might even plop those back in. I photochopped the grille only with my existing lights/markers and I think you are onto something!

Rewind, I am more then happy to sell the grille, but the ride might be kind of pricey to you out there. I am not even sure if I can use standard ground shipping because the box will be too big.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Glad to hear...I didn't want to be rude when I saw that you had put on the RBP grille but I thought it was too much. LOVE the way your truck looks in the second pic! I think it will looks great with those lights and corners, but just with a stock grille instead of the RBP one. Keep us posted!

X2 i think that would look best

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO I like it the way you call over done. From the day I saw it fell in **** with you truck, it looks amazing with the RBP grill, ive never seen one on our trucks and think its so sweet. Hell i think your whole truck is over done and thats why I like it so much. But hey man its your baby raise it any way you like. Just dont stop posting pictures of it

stantheman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like both but Im not the one driving it! Sick quad though man, big thumbs up!!

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think your grill looks great now, but whatever you like best. if mine was a chevy id have copied that by now, haha.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I would keep the grill chrome, color match the bumper and black the corners, keep the black lights.