GMT400 You can't quit looking at!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Carbon fiber frames, light weight metal cranks and cassettes, shocks, carbon fiber wheel sets, carbon fiber spokes, carbon fiber bars/seat post/stem... it all adds up after awhile.

The second you say carbon fiber anything....than $5-10K isnt ludicrous, I just cant believe that bikes are that much. Im with mean grean, 4-500 bucks is about the upper limit of what Id spend on a bike. I guess my whole bad experiences with bikes have been with bike couriers in downtown Calgary, those guys should be taken off the road.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Carbon fiber frames, light weight metal cranks and cassettes, shocks, carbon fiber wheel sets, carbon fiber spokes, carbon fiber bars/seat post/stem... it all adds up after awhile.

:word: my girlfriends roommate does triathlons and has a $6k bike. I swear I could throw that thing 100 yards and I fell like if I sat on it that it would snap in half. Pretty nuts how light they can get those things.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The second you say carbon fiber anything....than $5-10K isnt ludicrous, I just cant believe that bikes are that much. Im with mean grean, 4-500 bucks is about the upper limit of what Id spend on a bike. I guess my whole bad experiences with bikes have been with bike couriers in downtown Calgary, those guys should be taken off the road.

I do agree that slow riders need to avoid busy roads, but hell I've passed prius and other cars going around 40 on mountain bike going down hill, and average 25mph on flat streets. Then again, I choose roads that are 35-40mph speed limits just to keep from slowing down other cars too much.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:word: my girlfriends roommate does triathlons and has a $6k bike. I swear I could throw that thing 100 yards and I fell like if I sat on it that it would snap in half. Pretty nuts how light they can get those things.

Yeah they are VERY light.

I wish I could do triathlons, I don't have good swim fundamentals do to it.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Yeah they are VERY light.

I wish I could do triathlons, I don't have good swim fundamentals do to it.

Ya she is nuts, she will say she is gonna go for a quick run then come back 2 hours later saying it was refreshing.

1BAD9T7

Reaction score
There are alot of cyclists in my area, and many of them are the arrogant ***** that will ride 5-10 mph down the middle of the road and completely disregard automobile traffic. I have no problem with a rider on the road, but I believe they need to get out of the way, no matter what the law states or how "legal" it is for them to be on the road. Common sense tells me that if I were to be on a bike and chose to ride down the middle of a road, I could care less what the law states, a 5-6 thousand pound vehicle (or more) can easily take someone out on a bike... Hmmm... MOVE over ! Just my opinion. There are many good riders, so if you or anyone you know happen to be one of them, then this isn't directed at you, only the pricks that choose to be pricks... Speaking of this subject... Uggghh, we have the Amgen tour coming into town tomorrow... Quite a few of the riders in the past years have tried riding on the freeway with no chase cars... Brilliant !

Let's all shut up, and get BACK TO PICTURES !!! lol

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Speaking of this subject... Uggghh, we have the Amgen tour coming into town tomorrow... Quite a few of the riders in the past years have tried riding on the freeway with no chase cars... Brilliant !

Wow, you're pretty close to where I'm located. We had them roll through here on Tuesday. It makes me laugh, people stand there for forever to get a good spot, then the pack of bikes passes in less than a minute and is gone. hahaha.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this truck now looks like this

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The wheels and tires on this truck are just what Im looking for. Anyone have brand, model, size, and back spacing? And tire brand and size would be cool too.

Last edited: