Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So at the end of one of my long winded posts yesterday lol I mentioned that I’m having a squeaky belt again I have a gates belt as one guy told me before an it’s been great till this past week are belts just made so cheap now you only get so much time from them? I’ve just replaced idler & tensioner so any help would be appreciated! An any fellow Michiganders out there Ann Arbor area? Lol
My Gates serpentine belt started squeaking not long after install. I was watching at idle at it squeaked on the idler pulley every time the label on the belt passed over. I found some very fine sandpaper And used it on the label. No more squeak.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So after a day/night out going to a few places in Detroit as I was getting all of our bags out of the back my kids were still messing around with not getting out of the backseat I told them to move it some my daughter now opening her door then says somethings wrong so I open it from outside and she says she’s was twisting the door handle now it’s broke! like can’t we just get the FFFF outta the car without it being a deal!!! Smh she said she was sorry but you over here twisting the damn thing like have an keep telling them (kids) that I just can’t get parts anywhere and this is one of a very few things that others get to put they DDB’s on that is important to me. Smh again but at 5 n 7 it’s a work in progress! But just like other chit around the house I’m MR. Fix it

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
At a car audio shop about 20 minutes from my work to have them hook up my new atoto A6 pro head unit. I just can’t seem to find any 100% wiring diagrams that I feel I can trust plus I just can’t seem to get my head into doing it! It’s just a overload type thing for me where I just don’t know where to start! But I’m here now and hopefully all will go smoothly as this is what they do everyday for money!! Lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I had shop hook up radio which I should’ve went to one of the 2 other shops but I was lazy!!!! Not that it’s all jacked up but definitely not as up to par as I expected!! But worst part is I wanted all my factory options to work as they have but come to find out that BOTH my cd players will not play with an aftermarket radio!!! Like wtf!! Really I know I’m not the only person who wants to keep certain options as they’re single units and that nobody nobody has made any effort to correct this! Why would I want to lose 2 fine functioning music players do to wanting a better head unit? I’m REALLY struggling with this on whether I’m going to keep new radio or take it out and but back in old ac delco/Bose stock radio an return Xmas radio!!!! And I of course have more things to mod if I keep Xmas radio. Or should I just buy back stock radio and buy a Bluetooth adapter and try seeing if I can get some sort of separate EQ or device that will give me just a bit more control of sound quality? I know this probably sounds crazy but it just doesn’t make sense that over the years nobody has been able to save a separate factory music source when upgrading your radio!!!??? An I’ve been reading all about the connection differences but what happens with newer models that also have cd players that are part of the center dash like gmt900 Escalade or any other vehicle that has a separate components? I just can’t believe car audio has left this gap even if only a few head units had the capability. I just feel like it’s 1992 in aftermarket car audio and I just show up in whatever newer car would takeover for the (back to the future Delorean)! My only other thought is to see about a gmt800 Bose nav screen stock radio may work instead? But definitely give me some feedback I know this is a long post but this isn’t what I expected:(

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're going to have a hard time finding any aftermarket radio that will connect to and use any factory CD players/changers. The factory CD players use a proprietary cable and need to communicate with the factory head unit for proper operation.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, even in the 2000’s you couldn’t find an aftermarket head unit that would interface with a factory 6 disc changer.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want full control you’ll have to go more aftermarket. Even the high end LOC’s and signal Processors are going to have a hard time with a factory bose amp. Most of the equalization is built into the factory amp, it’s not adjustable and you o Lu get slight attenuation control from a factory head unit.

What’s more important? A functioning factory obsolete disc changer? Or your hard earned money? Cause you can’t have both lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've also heard that the Escalade and Denali (Bose) units use a different resistance for the speakers than the regular units do. Don't know if it's true...but I guess I will find out whenever I put the head unit and single disc player from the yard(that came out of an Escalade) in my crew cab(whenever it's warmer and I decide to take the dashboard apart).

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I made some time today to go out and sort all the wiring that was left out and take out the external mic as it’s big and the radio already has a mic on front if needed. I’m more of a phone to the ear person but onto wires so the “so called tech” left the current ISIMPLE iPhone hook up I had that connected into the factory harness an had a small junction box that you connected a headphone jack into and had whichever phone hook up on the other end I first had old big pin iPhone connector then headphone then/now current iPhone hook up to headphone jack that connects to the box really simple setup which they able to do that but nobody ever did that to retain cd player!? Anyways rerouted couple usb plug ins 1-phone link 2- external storage phone link i routed to come out at top left corner of ashtray the other is stashed behind the glovebox for now. I also corrected the radio being crooked along with sitting a touch higher as to retain part of the bezel running between radio and heater controls as keep some structural integrity but I still have some work to do and I started thinking that I could wait an see if I happen to run into someone or a solution to adding back my cd players as I still have to get familiar with the radio.