GMT400 4L60e to T56 swap write up *dialup warning*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep, same yokes (in fact I'm using my 60e yoke with my T56 currently), and same driveshaft. thats is for a 2wd 60e.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
so is it possible to change the tail shaft housing out and run a 6 speed in a 4wd truck??

i love this write up!

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another option would be to run a divorced transfercase, but that would still require a bit of fabrication to make a crossmember, differrent driveshafts, etc.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
another option would be to run a divorced transfercase, but that would still require a bit of fabrication to make a crossmember, differrent driveshafts, etc.

thats a posibility, but more stuff i would have to buy, and more stuff that i dont have the neccessities to fabricate

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

yeah the T56 is great but in a 4wd truck I would probably look at other options unless you wanted to eliminate your 4wd all together. its obviously possible to do, but it would be MUCH more difficult to make the T56 work with 4wd.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I know the pre-threaded hole and stud are there on the 92-98 trucks (or at least they should be because all the pedal bracketry is the same), but I dont know about the pre-92 stuff. it sounds like somewhere between 90 and 92 it was added/changed.