Another 454 Vortec Build Thread - Documenting, Q&A, Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
When I pinched the return line the pressure immediately went to 90ish psi. I quickly shut it off, or released it, as I've read over pressureing the system can damage things.

Bachert24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are giving me great advice here but I’m not 100% certain which one to follow. I’m going to just replace the injectors as they are stock with 200k miles and they are problematic, and also the fuel filter and FPR with a GM stock one, as well as replacing the fuel pump. I’ll be checking all wiring very thoroughly as well. I know the parts barrage isn’t a great idea but they are all stock replacements on commonly problematic parts.

Bachert24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: Got the upper intake off, need to shop vac badly lol there’s leaves everywhere! Injectors look stock, will pull those and FPR off today new parts come tomorrow. Fuel rail looks to be in good shape though.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a drop of oil on the clips where you need to gently pry them off.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, and be super duper careful when you do pry them off! Very easy to snap material off the rail when doing so.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this pic of mine. After changing mine a couple of times, I found the best place to pry is where the red arrows point.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bachert24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine my surprise to see a high pressure system have a 2 inch piece of fuel like hose between the fuel rail and FPR. It was severely rotted. That’s fixed as well as the new FPR. Injectors and fuel pump next weekend!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Imagine my surprise to see a high pressure system have a 2 inch piece of fuel like hose between the fuel rail and FPR. It was severely rotted. That’s fixed as well as the new FPR. Injectors and fuel pump next weekend!

Pic?