Glasspack Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at mufflers and came across the glass packs which are a lot cheaper. I was wanting to know how goo these are and if its worth buying. Also what is the sound quality/ llevel of them? Thanks in advance

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Glass packs are essentially "straight through".

The part inside the "bulge" has tiny "louvers" punched in it and the surrounding area is packed with fiberglass. This attenuates a small portion of sound, but they are still loud.

You must be registered for see images

At least, that's a traditional glass pack.

here's a point of reference for "loudness":

You must be registered for see images

Some guys like 'em.

Personally, I just find them obnoxious and more likely to bring down more restrictive noise bylaws (if your area doesn't already have them).

Your call....:)

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
If properly installed, glasspacks can sound :boobs: it all depends on location and the vehicle its on. My baby sisters f150 sounds :boobs: dumped at the rear wheels. Dunno about chevy though

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
My crown vic sounds badass 26" glasspacks and full tailpipes love the sound and its my daily very little drone

Adam

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
My 91 tbird
347 stroker also sounded :boobs:

No cats. 3 inch y and 4 inch slash cut tips with glasspacks