Full Membership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gene405

Reaction score
So it takes 50 post or three months to be able start a thread.Isnt that kind of excessive.I found your site when I was trying to get the dash out of a 2000 3/4 ton GMT 400 and would like use the bonus featers of your venue but it will the middle of winter before I could sell the tailgate off the 89 stepside that I have that I cant seem to get any interest in locally figured a place like this would be perfect. Im sure sending it to the crusher is a more likely result Ive just finished parting out the 2000 and a 1989 stepside before that.I belong to multiple sites and I believe this is the most restrictive policy of any site Ive ever seen.How Come?Im 58 yrs old I could die of old age before I post 50 times on most sites unless Im selling things.The knowledge is very helpfull and thats why I came here but swapping parts is a intergal part of the car hobby I own 5 cars and 12 bikes and am always building something its what keeps me busy since retirement from GM as a diemaker building Chevy trucks for 35 years.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I think it's just the classifieds section that requires 50 posts because you just started this thread. I'm honestly not sure why though maybe somone else can chime in.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I am sure it is to discourage 'bots' and other unscrupulous people from creating ads to sell stuff and / or potentially defraud people.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I am sure it is to discourage 'bots' and other unscrupulous people from creating ads to sell stuff and / or potentially defraud people.

good point the grand Prix forum im on thats a big problem

carluvr

Reaction score

I've been really frustrated with this policy as well, particularly lately. I've been a lurker for years, a member for a year and a half, and have tried to be helpful by contributing to conversations in a useful and sensible way that will help others and I have been helped. I have three GMT400s as well. For the last month I've had some really valuable parts (to a GMT400 guy) from a totaled Denali that I own that I would like to be able to post in the classifieds, but can't because I haven't contributed 100 times to existing threads nor have I started 50 new ones. So I can't sell them and people that are actually looking for them can't get buy them. This seems like a way to encourage overposting in order to meet the requirements to post in the classifieds. I've never seen these kinds of requirements on the many other web forums that I've been a member of. I understand the desire to not have just anyone post ads and make money but come on, this is a little excessive for a those who actually contribute to the forum and visit several times daily.:(

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've been really frustrated with this policy as well, particularly lately. I've been a lurker for years, a member for a year and a half, and have tried to be helpful by contributing to conversations in a useful and sensible way that will help others and I have been helped. I have three GMT400s as well. For the last month I've had some really valuable parts (to a GMT400 guy) from a totaled Denali that I own that I would like to be able to post in the classifieds, but can't because I haven't contributed 100 times to existing threads nor have I started 50 new ones. So I can't sell them and people that are actually looking for them can't get buy them. This seems like a way to encourage overposting in order to meet the requirements to post in the classifieds. I've never seen these kinds of requirements on the many other web forums that I've been a member of. I understand the desire to not have just anyone post ads and make money but come on, this is a little excessive for a those who actually contribute to the forum and visit several times daily.:(
Just start posting man I'd like to see some denali parts what you got?

carluvr

Reaction score
IIRC, there is an option of contacting a mod to lift some if not all of the restrictions.

Yes, I tried going that route but got nowhere. I was told that it's just the way it is. That struck me as odd but I decided not to pursue it and have since gone the Craigslist route. When I saw this thread I had to comment.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, there is an option of contacting a mod to lift some if not all of the restrictions.

Mods have no control or ability to remove this restriction, this is a regulation put in place by the administration and only one of them can alter it, you can try to contact one but I kindof doubt they would change it.

it should only be restricting posts from being created in the classified section though.

:welcome: btw, post some pics of your cars, bikes, we always like seeing that, and it'll get your posts up. cruize over to the garage section and post about your tools or workshop, etc. lots of stuff to share.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look for threads called "take away " game and "word game" your posts will add up fast...lol.

The restrictions are done on almost all public sites I'm on.. it is there to help with spam posts and botts..