full coolant flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking I would, just worried if any horror stories since it doesn't seem to be the best quality.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright all finished, but one word thing did happen. Flushed everything,drained block and rad, put cleaner in, ran, drained, flushed, 2x, put thermostat back in, filed with distilled, started truck, with cap off and topped off. The thing had no heat blowing, lower hose was warm and top was cold ,and went one tick over 210 so I turned off and took out thermostat. Started it again without it and heat was back.

Put the themo in a pot and boiled... opened at 220-30ish... about to go to store but put it in again and it opened fine..???

Reassembled and filed with distilled and everything was fine, drained and filled with concentrate and topped off.

Truck use to sit at 210 and sometimes go a tick or two over.. with heat on but no fan it stayed at 195 to 210. After everything and flooring it and idling for 30 minutes it stays one tick before 210. :)

....the block drain was disgusting and fully clogged and I barely fit enough concentrate.. holds alot of water in there.

Last edited:

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting about filling. With the T fitting on the top heater hose (goes into the top of the intake manifold near the T'Stat), I just keep pouring concentrate in to the rad cap, while watching what comes out of the T fitting. When the clear stops coming out, and it turns to green. I put the T-Fitting cap on, and idle the engine, all the while adding coolant as required. When it stops taking any more in the rad, I put the cap on, and fill the overflow reservoir to about the middle with concentrate. I keep an eye on things, and next time it's cool, I take off the rad cap, and check the concentration with one of those plastic gauges. As long as it's close to 50-50, I'm happy.

While this works for me, remember that all trucks are different: your results may vary, etc. etc. etc.