full coolant flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95 5.7 tbi I'm not sure the last time the coolant was changed and have a new thermostat, clutch, and cap on the way.. will also get hoses if need be.

What is the easiest way to flush the entire system in 5th grade instructions?

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
While you are at it, take both heater hoses off at the motor and flush your heater through each hose. Lots of gunk in there...trust me. If you have old hoses, now is a good time to replace those.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While you are at it, take both heater hoses off at the motor and flush your heater through each hose. Lots of gunk in there...trust me. If you have old hoses, now is a good time to replace those.

Yes, there is LOTS of gunk in there. It would also be wise to install a strainer or filter in-line with the heater inlet hose. Putting prestone flush in my block loosened up a ton of gunk, and has clogged my strainer about 4 times now. At least I haven't gone through 4 heater cores in that time.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I'll get it today. With that kit don't you cut into a hose or am I wrong? Do you need new houses after use?

I was going to put in prestone Dex cool is the consensus that it is now safe with new formula and improvements on it over the years?

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Ok I'll get it today. With that kit don't you cut into a hose or am I wrong? Do you need new houses after use?

I was going to put in prestone Dex cool is the consensus that it is now safe with new formula and improvements on it over the years?

Yes you do cut a hose, no you don't need new hoses, unless you are replacing as suggested. The instructions that come with the kit are pretty idiot proof. They even have pictures. Any 5th grader could do it.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Doubt that, just "go green" and put green in it.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright decided to go green. Seems the problem with Dex cool happens if any air gets in the system for a period of time. Never know when I might over look it for some time. Back to Walmart to save 20 bucks.