Front End sagging after 6" RCX Lift. Help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peterson70

Reaction score
I just recently installed a 6" RCX lift kit onto my 96 K1500. I put 315/75/16 Kelly Safari TSR's on as well. We went through and replaced upper and lower ball joints, upper control arm bushings, sway bar links during the install. Ive read that the RCX is not a full 6" drop on the front so to get there you must crank. As it sits, ive got about 1/2" gap between the control arm and bump stop. The truck sits way higher in the rear still after cranking the front up. There are still quite a few threads left on the bolt for adjustment. I have looked at a lot of trucks on the site with the same lifts and all of them seem to be all level front to back.

Is it possible the torsion bars need replacement? or what else might be the culprit that im not aware of? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Peterson70

Reaction score
I just went out and cranked until I ran out of threads. which tells me my torsion bars are weak cause its not hitting the bump stop yet?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drive the truck around a bit. Just cranking and not driving it will not allow the suspension to settle into it's new spot

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yet all seem to have a good bit of rake. Just the way pics are taken are deceiving. I think the aal is more like 3" than 2". Dropping down to a 3" block would be the best thing to do. It'll save frontend parts and your ride.