Front End Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that's compounding one mistake by making a second mistake.

But then, you've already figured-out that I'm no fan of "lift kits".
Oh believe me, If I hadnt already bought 35 inch tires to put on this and didnt need to fabricate and weld to undo this lift kit I'd be putting it back stock. While I like the look of the lift kit, everything on it feels so damn janky.

You must be registered for see images attach

I found these sway bar links locally that are about 2 inches longer than the stock ones. Ill try em but I feel like theyre gonna hit the UCA. I do not want to cut this sway bar

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One did you ever call rough country about this sway bar problem?
Two, get longer sway bar end link bolts they are available.
Three , the A arms MOVE in an almost parallel motion. Are you saying sitting static they hit, or are you thinking during A arm movement they will hit the upper arm?
Four, your not the first person to install this kit, I considered the 4 inch for my 93 k1500. I never heard about this during my research, are you sure you didn't miss something? Did you remove the sway bar during the lift installation? Your sure the bar isn't upside down?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lifted vehicle , higher center of mass, equals more lean to outside of turns, inner tires less tread contact, more weight to outside turn, exaggerated tire wheel lean. Less overall stability.
Result : keep the sway bar GM engineers were smarter.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotta ask after watching the video, with all the corrosion on what I'm seeing and thought was new parts, was that a used lift kit? Possibility you're dealing with bent/wrecked stuff?
Didn't answer this, the new drag link/centerlink should be sitting level side to side.??? You indicated it wasn't.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you remove the sway bar during the lift installation? Your sure the bar isn't upside down?

The Rough Country lift kit requires you to flip the sway bar. Look at O.P.s pics, specifically at the down turn of the bar and the off-angle of the round bushing end of the sway bar on Post #10.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about the off-road articulation point, then most trucks live 75 -90 % life on the street.
I'm installing a big rear bar on the Tahoe.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One did you ever call rough country about this sway bar problem?
Two, get longer sway bar end link bolts they are available.
Three , the A arms MOVE in an almost parallel motion. Are you saying sitting static they hit, or are you thinking during A arm movement they will hit the upper arm?
Four, your not the first person to install this kit, I considered the 4 inch for my 93 k1500. I never heard about this during my research, are you sure you didn't miss something? Did you remove the sway bar during the lift installation? Your sure the bar isn't upside down?
Havent called rough country yet. And yes Im worried about them hitting during movement of the A arm. Static they will definitely not hit.

I didn't install the lift kit, it was installed when I traded my previous SUV for this truck. And as for upside down Rough Country wants it installed upside down in the instructions(read them to be sure everything looked okay)