Fox 2.0 Resi on OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Feintmotion86

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this. I have all four shocks on now. I had to modify the rears by having 90 degree fittings and custom lines installed. The driver's side reservoir can mount to the shock body, but to avoid the heat from the exhaust I mounted the reservoir to the chassis on the passenger side. As mentioned, bushings need to be swapped.

The fronts are NBS 2wd and basically bolt right in. Even though the bottom eyelet T bar mount looks identical, I had to ever so slightly enlarge the holes with a drill. The shock BARELY fits into the lower arm, so its probably as big as you can go with the stock lower control arm. I figured the NBS and OBS are close in weight and weight distribution, so the valving would be fine. The shock dimensions, stroke are all peachy (I have a Fabtech knuckle lift)

Bilstein 5100 Vs. Fox 2.0
What most people's impressions online mimic what I felt. The Bilstein's are awesome shocks, but the valving is more catered toward a confidence inspiring street setup. They are relatively firm on lighter bumps but make the vehicle handle well. I went on 2 trails with this setup and it was quite bumpy. The Fox's however, with their linear valving, were more compliant (not necessarily softer), and more comfortable over rugged terrain. I took these on a test attending King of the Hammers :) (as a spectator of course!)

Attachments

• 20220308_135758.jpg
    20220308_135758.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220308_135822.jpg
    20220308_135822.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Feintmotion86

Reaction score
BTW Tuff Country sells adapters for the rear shocks to use eyelet shocks

interested in how the ride is. I was considering a similar option but want to have shrader valves added so I can adjust nitrogen pressure
Just saw this! They have valves on the reservoir.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is fantastic. I won't have to worry about the spare tire on the blazer, and exhaust can always be moved. I'm happy with my Bilsteins for now but its great to see this is possible. I'm at stock height though so I may need different shocks than these.