6” BDS kit (Fox 2.0 or Bilstein 5100)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilredk1500

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m set on installing the 6” BDS lift kit.
I am torn between choosing FOX 2.0 or Bilstein 5100.

I have a k1500 reg cab short box with the 4.3.

Price is not an issue and currently leaning towards fox. Can anyone with experience describe their experience with either or on and off road, cheers!

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also have 5100s in a 6" lift and it's amazing how much they tightened up the ride compared to the stock blue/yellow bilstiens but without making it harsh.

Reaction score
On the BDS topic,

I have a 97 k1500 silverado 5.7. I picked up wheels and tires(35x12.50r17)and ordered a 6in BDS lift. I did this all before I did my due diligence and realized how garbage the 10 bolt with g80 is and that I should swap to a 14bff and do the SAS. We'll, since ive already pulled the trigger on the less than budget friendly parts, ill be doing a 14bsf so I can keep 6 lug.
As I do more research I'm concerned with pinion angles in the rear. I see a lot of the same rigs running 35s on a 6inch, so my question is will I need a double cardan and SYE? If so, what do I do about this NP243 Tcase!? OR can I make the angles with this BDS kit?

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the BDS topic,

I have a 97 k1500 silverado 5.7. I picked up wheels and tires(35x12.50r17)and ordered a 6in BDS lift. I did this all before I did my due diligence and realized how garbage the 10 bolt with g80 is and that I should swap to a 14bff and do the SAS. We'll, since ive already pulled the trigger on the less than budget friendly parts, ill be doing a 14bsf so I can keep 6 lug.
As I do more research I'm concerned with pinion angles in the rear. I see a lot of the same rigs running 35s on a 6inch, so my question is will I need a double cardan and SYE? If so, what do I do about this NP243 Tcase!? OR can I make the angles with this BDS kit?

I just used shims