Found a 3" lift kit for $30 at Pep Boys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I'm not saying the spacers are the wrong thing to do but in my opinion if I was to lift a 2wd I would definitely spend the extra coin on spindles to keep the suspension geometry correct and probably an easier install

Sent from my static android

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thanks, i appreciate the info a lot. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to level out the front end of my 2WD....

Any recommendations on spindles? I'm still pretty clueless when it comes to trucks.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
well maybe i can make it a smidge easier for you here are the links to 2 lifts. the 2" lift is complete with the following
Front: Lifted coil springs and ball joint spacers
Rear: U-bolts, lift blocks, and hardware.
Shocks: Includes (4) RC Hydro 8000 series shocks.
http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_2wd_88-98_2.html

and here is a 4" Spindle lift
Front: Lift spindles.
Rear: 2" rear blocks & u-bolts.
Shocks: (4) N2.0 series shocks.
http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_2wd_88-98_4.html

now to me, this is a reasonable price due to the need of all the extra parts you need when you start messing with suspension height and adjustments...so maybe this will help you out a little bit....and its going to give you a decent ride compared to those spring spacers. just my 2 cents

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Kamd...I didn't know realize there were options like that available

This is exactly the reason I stared using this forum. A lot of helpful, knowledgable people without all the arrogant attitude you see on other sites

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy has the 4" spindles on his truck an it still rides great. If you got the $ I would go that route. I'm sure those lift spring are a real pain to install.

I think he has a set of lift springs if you would be interested though....

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
yeah p2 your right about those springs being a pain to install it was a ***** to get my buddies springs back in with those spacers

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
Fabtech makes a 7.5" for 2wd but that clears 33's alright. for 35's u have to trim or add Body lift too...but im a firm believer, if ur gonna do it, do it right, the 1st time. Do the spindles if you want to keep your ride decent and clear 32x11.5's. maybe trim your valance at lock up. depends on every truck.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I'm embarrassed that this thread came back up :lol: this was started back before I knew what I was talking about. When I can spare the $ I'm gonna go with the full 4" spindle kit. For now I've got some 1"-1.5" spring spacers laying around that I'm gonna run temporarily for a better level.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
it's good it did though a couple people got some good info recently from it

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
never be embarrassed to ask a question man. you'll never know if you don't. and if you don't and just start doing , i mean you can learn that way, but someone might be able to tell you something that really needs your attention to keep you and the truck safe. that's why places like this are around.