Found a 3" lift kit for $30 at Pep Boys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another great thing about this forum you can throw up a pic of your entire family and not worry about someone making the typically ******* comments about anyone/whoever. Nothing but respekt son.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Another great thing about this forum you can throw up a pic of your entire family and not worry about someone making the typically ******* comments about anyone/whoever. Nothing but respekt son.

Hell, if I throw up a pic, I'll talk **** about myself!!! Hence why I don't post pics of myself, I can be very hateful LOL.

But I agree, nice looking southern family portrait. :)

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Don't worry, we all have our momments lol All of the GMT400's have a torsion bar front suspension set up. You CAN crank the keys to level it out, BUT depending on how much you crank, you will put more strain on your front end components causing your front end parts to wear faster. And you will also have a stiffer ride. Also you will need an allignment after cranking.

I just want to note the wrong info on this page for anyone new searching the site. Only 4WD GMT400's have a torsion bar front suspension (K1500, K2500, K3500). 2WD GMT400 trucks have coil springs up front (C1500, C2500, C3500). I just wanted to clarify because it took me a little while to figure this out. The forum here seems to be primarily made up of guys with 4WD trucks so there is a common misconception that all GMT400 trucks have a torsion bar setup in the front.

Since I have a have a C2500 and I want to raise the front end of the truck to match the rear, I can't simply crank the torsion bars. Instead, a similar simple way to raise the front end would be to install spacers on the front coils like the Daystar KG09100BK for a 1.5" lift in the front.

Just wanted to clarify for those who search the site for info...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Certain 2wd GMT400s have torsion bars. The suburban do.

There is also a C3500HD that has a leaf sprung front.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
also another clarification my buddy has those spacers on his rig and now that we've had to mess with them I'll say I'm glad I never bought them for my truck cause those thing are a major pita to install with how much you have to compress the spring to get it all back together, IMO of course. from now on lifting a 2wd is gonna be spindles in my book

Sent from my static android

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
also obviously there's no CV axles to worry about on a 2wd but he has pretty bad balljoint angles too

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Hey Bow how tall of a spacer did he put in? the only one's I've seen are either 1.5" or 2.5" in the front

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
you know I'm not one hundred percent sure on the height when he bought the truck they were already there, I talked the guy down because the drivers side was installed wrong and the spring had popped out of the spring pocket on the lower control arm. that's how I know they are difficult to get back in because we had to repair that.... but I'm gonna guess it's Prolly 1.5 inches