Fog light placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I changed it. The editing effect I used made the lights too blue and was annoying me. Now you get a view of mah big rear end. :lol:

For realz though. DDM has HID kits for $30 and $40 (35 and 55 watt) and are good quality.
I'll look into it...

Half Assed said:
It's not recommended to flash with HIDs.
Sounds like my behind-the-grille flashers are getting more tallies on their side of the chalkboard... mind if I ask what you have behind yours? a description at most, a link at best. just for reference. :)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DDM 4500k.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not the greatest picture, that glare is because I used my phone. They don't glare in person an no one ever flashes me. I try not to get real close to small cars at night now. Since the lift if I aim them down to not shine in cars at a red light I can't see anything with them. So I just stay back farther....

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I changed it. The editing effect I used made the lights too blue and was annoying me. Now you get a view of mah big rear end. :lol:

For realz though. DDM has HID kits for $30 and $40 (35 and 55 watt) and are good quality.

It's not recommended to flash with HIDs.

I like the light pattern those winjet projectors have that you installed on your truck. I can't get over the look of the lights though. Never was a fan of halos...

I like the pattern too, they work really well. I didn't think I would like the way they look, but they look awesome in person and I always am getting compliments on them

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After educating myself on HIDs (haven't 100% thoroughly read through the linked threads but skimmed pretty good), I've come to this conclusion: 4300k HID conversion.

So, I can't (shouldn't) flash with HIDs. bummer. But not a total deal breaker I suppose.

However, I am keeping my OEM housings. I've read that they put out too much glare that can "offend" oncoming drivers and that its difficult to rectify this without fabricating a glare shield for your housing.

Best way to utilize HIDs without majorly modifying my OEM housings, please?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best way to utilize HIDs without majorly modifying my OEM housings, please?

There isn't. You really need to swap to a clear lens light with a glare shield. I have tyc elegante lights. They run about $150 for the set iirc. I lucked up on mine an got them off craigslist. Anzo is another good brand.

I think they look 1000x better than the cloudy stockers anyways

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
x2 on the tyc/anzos. Cloudy stockers bring the suck.

I picked my anzos up for $32. They were a returned item on Amazon. Fixed the broken mounting tab. :D

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There isn't. You really need to swap to a clear lens light with a glare shield. I have tyc elegante lights. They run about $150 for the set iirc. I lucked up on mine an got them off craigslist. Anzo is another good brand.

I think they look 1000x better than the cloudy stockers anyways

Sh*t. $150 for a pair of housings? That would turn this into a tax-return project. And I'm a "buy new" kind of guy unless I am quite familiar with whatever I'm buying used. That way I can't b*tch and kick myself for spending money on used and having problems. Plus its hard to return used stuff over the internet (costs more to return than its worth). You can return and refund used stuff in person if you know how to bring out the angry black woman inside you.

Looks like the cheapy fogs are gonna come first, 3000k HID replacements for them after, and then the 4300k low/high setup once the gov't decides to give me back what I've rightfully earned.

Anzo bare-basic housings for HIDs, correct?

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
IMO, I would get your fogs and dot he 4-hi, then HIDs to the fogs and lows to them if you decide to. If you want to flash people I would leave a halogen in the high beams, and get driving/spot lights behind the grille with HIDs at a later date for serious offroad uses.