First Timer!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmr202000

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Im new at this!!!! So, I have a question maybe someone can answer for me. I have a 1997 Chevy 1500 truck that I am trying to bag but I someone to clarify on the actual size of bags that best work with my truck. Does the bags have to be all the same size? This may sound like a stupid question but what the heck I just want to do it the right way the first time.

Thanks

ur2nvs

Reaction score
I would use 2600 for the front and 2700 for the rear, you can use the same all around if you prefer. The bigger the bag, the less pressure it takes to raise the truck, also allowing it to ride smoother. Never use diffrent size bags from left to right, always make sure the front are the same brand/rating and vise versa.

rmr202000

Reaction score
Any suggestion on what the best setup up is? Im in the process meaning I've purchased the cnotch, 2" drop spindles, two air compressors(Viair), and the Accuair management system, conitech air bags 2500(2) and 2600(2) and front bag cups. My next purchase is the air tank and the 4 link kit and not to mention the wheels and tires. Im not sure if I should get the bolt on 4 link kit with the Watt link from KP or the weld on 4 link kit with the Watt link from AVS . I've read somethings about the bushing being an issues due to them wearing out. Does anyone have an idea which setup to use?

ur2nvs

Reaction score
It really depends on your capabilities and preference. Ive delt with KP and had a good experience, and i would purchase another setup from them if i had the cash to spend. Bolt on stuff is typically more expensive, and KP's stuff is a good example of that.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Im new at this!!!! So, I have a question maybe someone can answer for me. I have a 1997 Chevy 1500 truck that I am trying to bag but I someone to clarify on the actual size of bags that best work with my truck. Does the bags have to be all the same size? This may sound like a stupid question but what the heck I just want to do it the right way the first time.

Thanks

Sorry but I read this as...
"Im new at this!!!! So, I have a question maybe someone can answer for me. I have a 1997 Chevy 1500 truck that I am trying to bang..."

I had a good laugh so I figured y'all would too.

rmr202000

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have pictures of ya'll setup? As of right now I have started to disassemble the first end. Still working on the ball joints and the lower control arm.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running Slam Re8's all around the rear is a kp 6 link, stock control arms. Rides amazing.

Started with Slam 7's all around, with the bodydrop my air pressure was higher causing a stiffer ride, switched to Re8's out back and 7's up front, rode okay, kind of loose feeling, then swapped them around, rode better, but am satisfied with 8's all around.