First Time Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there anything I should know?

I dont know what size trailer it's going to be, but I imagine it wont be massive. It's just being used to haul some trash that my buddies inherited when they moved into their trailer. So I wouldnt put it over 500lbs of stuff on the trailer.

And I know my Suburban is capable of towing a trailer, it's been used before, just not with me driving.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Load it all on the front for more tounge weight. If its on the back it'll pick the rear of the truck up, no tounge weight, and the truck and trailer will want to sway wildly out of control. More than likely if its just "trash" and under 500lbs it won't really make a difference where you put it on the trailer, put it whereever is most convenient to load/unload. Always turn you blinkers on way before you typically would and be sure you have enough stoping power to stay behind the lights and stop signs. Lastly, when backing turn your wheel the opposite ways to start the trailer in the correct direction you are wanting to put it.

:High 5: good luck dude!

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remember to swing a bit wide on corners and you'll be fine

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I bought a flat 4 form walmart and just spliced it into the existing harness.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting both would defeat the purpose. One is a direct-fit 4way into my stock harness while the other is a combination 4, 5, and 7-blade plug that I wire in myself.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I already have a 7-blade though. So I guess I'll just take that one off and mount the new one there.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
If the trailer you're buying is a flat four & your 7 pin is working pick up an adapter.I got mine at the rental yard where I rented a trailer to haul a truck & a SUV.Cost was about $20 IIRC.
You must be registered for see images attach