First Magnaflow, Now Flowmaster and...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill take a vid of my flowmaster 50 tommarow and post it up. it might be a 40 cant remeber what the guy told me

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Also ran that setup for most of the time I owned my 98. Although it wasn't dumped until the bumper where it had a turndown on either side of hitch tucked behind the bumper so you couldn't see but the tip op the piping. I loved the way it sounded. I have a video of it on my girls computer if she can ever get it working again. I think her hard drive crashed so my favorite video may be lost forever.

Did you get the PCM tuned to block out o2s? and did you notice any difference from not having cats? like fuel mileage wise?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have removed several cat's from these truck's and alway's picked up 1 or 2 mpg's, but I have also alway's fixed the rear 02's as well, IE tune, spacer's, dummies, etc.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I have removed several cat's from these truck's and alway's picked up 1 or 2 mpg's, but I have also alway's fixed the rear 02's as well, IE tune, spacer's, dummies, etc.

Well dummies are outlawed, so I think I'll have my exhaust guy put the rear o2s in the new pipes, and when I get it back, I'll do the spacing thing, that should help the engine light from coming on I hope.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Did you get the PCM tuned to block out o2s? and did you notice any difference from not having cats? like fuel mileage wise?

Nope, my check engine light burnt out so I didn't care and I was an inspector so I didn't worry about failing inspection. I guess I gained some mpg's maybe 1 or 1.5 but the cats were clogged when I got the truck so I don't have a real good comparison. I also only bought the truck with a quarter tank and by the second fill up the cat's were gone.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Well dummies are outlawed, so I think I'll have my exhaust guy put the rear o2s in the new pipes, and when I get it back, I'll do the spacing thing, that should help the engine light from coming on I hope.

It works on some but I could never get them quite right on my 98.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Well I guess if it doesnt work, I could always take out the check engine bulb. Thats what will bother me the most.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I figured since removing the convertor's was illegal already then why not use the dummies!