First Car- 1997 Silverado z71!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashCarson

Reaction score
For My first car I now have a Black 1997 Silverado z71 ext. cab with the 350. It was originally my grandfathers truck but he passed away in 2005, which it became my dads truck. It actually has been sitting for about the past year :( my dad had always said that one day I would probably drive it as my first car- 16 now. So recently my dad put a new battery in the truck...and it started up! My dad and I were amazed that I started after sitting for a year. In the past week I have cleaned the inside as best as I could and it surprisingly passed inspection and we got a new tag so I'm ready to go! I don't know much about cars/trucks but I'm going to learn. A lot of kids at my school have newer cars/trucks-chevy trucks. It seems like it's the last of the "classic" chevy trucks. This truck has really grown on me recently and it's really nice for a first truck, it was probably $35,000 new. Not many kids have an ext cab, z71 (the sticker just makes it look better), AND the 350!

I'm going to try my best to post pictures soon (been busy) but I need to clean the outside first. I'm in high school so I'm working with little cash, but I'm always willing to take any suggestions or tips etc.

I know it has other than stated:
-molded bed liner (seems like most people don't have these?)
-class 3 Putnam hitch...which I've been told prevents spare tire from being put under bed, so the spare is always in the bed
thats all...will try to look up the vin number (as seen on other thread) to see what else came with it.

Thanks!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Welcome from Iowa! That should be a great first vehicle. I can't wait to see pictures of it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like an awesome truck for a first vehicle! Hell I'm looking for something like that to DD!

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Welcome from NC also! mine is my first also since i was 16, wouldn't trade it for anything.