Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine do juggle a lot at idle but whehn im doin like 60 they dont seem as bad, but it doesnt bother me either way. what color is that?
What color is my truck? As far as I know it's the stock paint job and the vin decoder tells me this.
27U EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY (27U)
EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,LT STELLAR BLUE (27U)

Mine jiggle too, idle, or road speed. Glad I'm not the only one, I commented on it a while back though. lol.

borahshadow, they look good on your GMC. It is very well kept.

Thanks for the compliments! I also think that my truck is in great condition inside and out. I'm very glad that the previous owner was easy on it and since was in such good condition when I got it I do my best to baby it because there aren't too many gmt-400s in my area that are that clean... at least not with the stock paint job. I want to keep it looking good for as long as I can so I keep the inside and outside detailed fairly often. It helps that I enjoy detailing when I've got the time :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the jiggle too.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
color and mirror look good man. like thenlights ya got on front end as well

Thanks! A good compliment is always welcome :) Not to toot my own horn but I really like the lights too. I think they are definitely one of the favorite things I've done to the truck. The clear lights really make it look like a new truck rather than the old yellow POS lights that most of the GMT400s I see around my town have. I can also see tons better as the clear lights obviously let more light through and with my high output halogens it's nice. It's the next best thing to HID and it's completely legal.
I'm glad I went with the "clear" amber corners. They are a major improvement over the ugly orange stock ones, they match the clear style of the head/parking lights, and they look better than clears. Especially on a blue truck as blue and orange go together well.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
deff do hids ive got 4500k in mine and i love em. clear lights clean front end up. i see so many nice lifted obs with stock yellow lights. mine were awful looking so glad i spend the money to replace them all. get complements all the time too. my buddy with obs blazer bought cheap ebay ones and they yellowd and leaked hes going to get tycs this time like i did the first time. 70 bucks he wasted on all 4 lights lol

sleddyeddy

Reaction score
i have a 90 gmc i want the power signal and heat but factory i have none of the mentioned is it possible to add and how hard would it be

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
You can order mirrors from the seller, optionracing, on eBay with signal, heat, and power mirrors. Heat and power mirrors will not work on your truck if it does not already have those options, unless you take the time to install all of that. Signals are not too hard to do, just some wire splicing into the correct left and right signal wire for the appropriate mirror.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
It can be done, theres a bit of wiring to go with it though, signal you just have to splice in, heat could be just put on a toggle switch, power will be the trickiest.. need to install the whole switch and all the wiring to go with.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Go back and read the thread, you'll see what it takes to install it.

I"m still thinking about picking up a set of these for the OBS the next time I need to tow my car hauler or the boat for an extended period. Would be lulz ^10 to see a lowered 2wd with these things.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I"m still thinking about picking up a set of these for the OBS the next time I need to tow my car hauler or the boat for an extended period. Would be lulz ^10 to see a lowered 2wd with these things.
If you swapped them back and forth a couple of times I bet you'd get pretty quick at it ;) lol