Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hzemall

Reaction score
Anyone that has done the mirror swap with defrost on it.....doesn't anything light up to tell you the defrost is on?

I wired them up in my truck but haven't tried them in the rain but nothing lights up to tell me they are on. I wired them thru a rear refrost switch from a late 90's Jimmy, looks like a factory truck switch.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone that has done the mirror swap with defrost on it.....doesn't anything light up to tell you the defrost is on?

I wired them up in my truck but haven't tried them in the rain but nothing lights up to tell me they are on. I wired them thru a rear refrost switch from a late 90's Jimmy, looks like a factory truck switch.

I wonder this too
My Hvac controller lights up
But no way to see if the mirrors defrost
And they aren't frosting lately lol

95sierra2500

Reaction score
has anybody managed to attach the newer style mirrors with the red arrow signals built in? i think they look best and id rather have those, did you guys also all need an adapter bracket or did the mirrors all just bolt on with a little modification?

Nerotxc

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

heres mine. i really wish they were this far out when extended and sat all the way in normal. ive been playing with the idea of taking them apart and modding them. just dont know if i want that headache right now lol

95sierra2500

Reaction score
I know you can get some of the tow mirror style with the blinker that fit the obs. Is that the style your looking for?

yeah like the new 2014s and 15s have the dual glass mirror with the red blinker arrow on it, i was wondering if the bases might be compatible. I figured it would be worth asking before driving into the dealership and investigating for myself.