Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just about to do this mod, Power Heated, Signal... Can't find the Connector (8 pin) that would plug into the mirror, any leads?

Chevy1500

Reaction score
99-02 trucks with factory heated mirrors have the 8 pin connector. I re-pinned my power heat signal connector to the 4 pin and used separate automotive connectors for the heat and signal when I made my harness.

--KG

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Just about to do this mod, Power Heated, Signal... Can't find the Connector (8 pin) that would plug into the mirror, any leads?

While I can't confirm for sure, this one looks like it would work if you shaved the indexing tab on the mirror side connector:
AC Delco #PT1314

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=82536&cc=1303614

Look at the picture of the connector on the mirror:

http://www.1aauto.com/mirror-pair/i/1amrp01036?f=648565&y=1997

Hope that helps! Rock Auto has the plug for $6.84 USD each. Not sure what your 'stealer' wants... but probably more than that.

Gm's # is 15306155

If that ends up fitting the mirror connector, it would be good to know. Should be able to find that connector in the scrapyard... looks like the air bag system has the same style of connector, I am sure it's keyed slightly different though.

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I meant to ask, does anybody know which wires correspond to what going from the 4 pin to the 8 pin connector, a diagram possibly?

Chevy1500

Reaction score
Here's a diagram I put together real quick.
This applies to a 96 1500 using the 1A-automotive mirrors from eBay, but I would image that they're all the same.

You must be registered for see images

And here's them plugged in
Passenger side:

Driver side:

Hopefully that helps. If the mirrors move the wrong way just carefully remove the pins and re-order them.

--KG

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The newest chevy tow mirrors what do u think about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk