Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After multiple people asking how to wire the LEDs in as signal and parking lights, I FINALLY had enough time to draw a wiring diagram. If you can't figure it out from here, there isn't really much else I can do. You'll need 4 diodes for each mirror, and 12v+ from the parking lights and each respective signal 12V+

Basically, whichever circuit is de-energized acts as the ground circuit, if both are energized they have no ground and the light turns off. Both the parking and signal circuit have a floating ground when off, hence how the light can utilize this wiring to function. It's exactly how the front 194 marker light is wired.

You must be registered for see images attach

hmmm yaaa i wonder what that far right diode is doing there? with two other lines connected to it ???

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
plus am i supposed to even ground the ground led pffftt idk im confused a little

No, hence the floating ground in 88's explanation above. Hook it up exactly as drawn an it should work. The only time it won't work is when both park lights an signals are on. it won't work then because it won't have a ground.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright here is a pic of what i did its pretty ty but i wanted to see if it works or not lol and according to what u just said that when the parking and signal lights are on at the same time it wont work? well i connected it to the 194 side blinker is that where i went wrong?? since it too has a floating ground i would need to splice on the orange bulbs that have a third wire which is a solid ground and then both parking and signal wires

blue wire is signal brown wire is parking well u know the rest see if u can figure out what i did wrong -____- gah!

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow so if YALL WANT BLINKERS AND RUNNING LIGHTS wire it just like this below haha dang it!!!! dont need anything but 2 splicers pfffftt!!! red+ to brown parking and black- to blue signal done!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

gbodyfan

Reaction score
Has anybody had the main lense off? I was wondering if they were the same lense as a factory with signal? I have a broke 06 lense here is a pic of what it looks like

You must be registered for see images

Found a pic of the back side quite a bit differnt

Last edited:

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmmm i wouldnt mind trading mine for some of those but i would have to get them cheap and maybe change the red to amber or something out of the ordinary heh

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmmm welll the easiest way for the cheap guy like me (engineer) is to get the glass replaced and see if they can make a certain area transparent i guess with laser etching basically and put whatever design i want on it and lite it up with some leds in the back haha yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa daawwwggg!!

p.s. totally possible