Factory Bucket concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have the standard ol' cloth buckets in my 97 (non-3rd door). and the passenger side which has two sets of tracks, one for adjusting, and the other for rear seat entry, has quite a bit of play. to the point where when i'm driving without a passenger, the seat shakes back and forth. now i know there will be a little movement given the amount of adjustment points on the manual seat. but there has to be a way to sorta tighten it up a bit....thoughts?
on another note, the driver seat motor seems to be on it's last leg, takes forever to adjust the seat forward or back. is there a replacement motor for these seats?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Unfortunately there isn't much you can do aside from replacing the track assembly to my knowledge. It's from using the rear entry portion of the seat and it's quite common.

The motors are pretty slow to begin with, probably because they are somewhat of a reduction in gearing so you can adjust them while sitting in the seat.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You might try tightening up all the bolts that attach the seat to the tracks. Have to take the seat out to do that.
The motors are slow in these trucks, but if you took the switch out & apart to clean the contacts, that may help. Use some alcohol & a Q-tip. Check the ground, too.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I had a rear entry seat in my 99 and used one in my 88 until recently (seats from an extended cab). It's just looseness between the two sets of tracks i bet, not the mounting itself. The rear entry seats have two sets of slides stacked one on top of another, they are notorious for being loose due to their constant used and many moving parts.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep that's exactly where the slop is in the seat... guess i'll just have to put up with it. for the driver seat, i'll try cleaning the switch real good and checking the ground. thanks for the replies guys!

Last edited: