EXT cab on reg cab frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
According to the pic it doesn't look all that great with a three foot bed. I think your best option is to either continue with your RCLB or find a ECSB and build it up.

Took a second look at that picture, looks like it's the length of a Tahoe. Maybe took a Tahoe frame and put a EC on it and hacked up a bed? A suburban I believe is also the length of a ECSB, so if you bought a burban and hacked it that's no different than just starting out with a ECSB.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
According to the pic it doesn't look all that great with a three foot bed. I think your best option is to either continue with your RCLB or find a ECSB and build it up.

Took a second look at that picture, looks like it's the length of a Tahoe. Maybe took a Tahoe frame and put a EC on it and hacked up a bed? A suburban I believe is also the length of a ECSB, so if you bought a burban and hacked it that's no different than just starting out with a ECSB.

after looking at the pisture some more and a build on pirate of an Ext cab on short bed frame thats what it looks like to me. I think I will have a longer bed than that but will have to see because as stated earlier I'm deployed for the next couple months and will have to look more at it when I get home.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
IMO if your trying to build a off road rig that you are going to beat up you could try it, but if your actually trying to make a driver out of it and you want it to look good i think you're going to have some trouble unless your good at body work....

I've seen some people take a tahoe or a yukon and cut the back end off like a avalanche before, but you can find ECSB's at such as cheap price i'd go buy a ECSB and SAS it if your trying to build a off road rig.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO if your trying to build a off road rig that you are going to beat up you could try it, but if your actually trying to make a driver out of it and you want it to look good i think you're going to have some trouble unless your good at body work....

I've seen some people take a tahoe or a yukon and cut the back end off like a avalanche before, but you can find ECSB's at such as cheap price i'd go buy a ECSB and SAS it if your trying to build a off road rig.

I'm up for the challenge and I don't think it will look that bad if I have my measurements correct from my research than I will have about a foot between the wheel well and the cab should be about a 5 foot bed. Kinda look like an ECSB but with one foot instead of two between the cab and wheel well If I do it I will mounting a 20 gallon fuel cell in the front of the bed.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I'm up for the challenge and I don't think it will look that bad if I have my measurements correct from my research than I will have about a foot between the wheel well and the cab should be about a 5 foot bed. Kinda look like an ECSB but with one foot instead of two between the cab and wheel well If I do it I will mounting a 20 gallon fuel cell in the front of the bed.

Yeah i've been told if you have a welder and enough drive you can do pretty much anything... so if you're up to the challenge go for it!!

I'll be willing to watch!