EXT cab on reg cab frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SCSB WB=117.5
Long bed and Extracab SB=131.5
ECLB=155.5

so that means they are the same wheel base from an ext cab short bed and reg cab long bed? I saw one another forum i think it was pirate4x4 that the ext cab was 4" longer wheel base
Also I want to do something different, something not alot of other people have done.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've seen a Ford truck cab on a Bronco frame......at least I think that's what it was. A local guy did that back in the 90's.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen a Ford truck cab on a Bronco frame......at least I think that's what it was. A local guy did that back in the 90's.

yeah I have seen guys put a cab onto a blazer chassis me and my dad are going to try it within the next year or so on his 91 blazer

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Is there a particular reason your wanting to make it an ext cab? You could always Bob it like dirtridinz71

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a particular reason your wanting to make it an ext cab? You could always Bob it like dirtridinz71

One for the extra cab space and passenger room. I also like the ext cab looks better, one of my co workers has a 94 ext and there is so much more room in the cab. Its a little tight when I take my 130lbs mastiff shepard pup with me in the regular cab. The bucket seats and center console would be a plus to.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have done little more research and found this on 65-72chevtrucks.com
Long bed Reg. Cab; 131.5"
Crew Cab Short bed; 154.5"
Ext.Cab Short bed; 141.5"
Ext.Cab Long bed; 155.5"

And this on this site
RCSB: 117.5 in
RCLB: 131.5 in
ECSB:131.5 in
ECLB: 155.5 in
CCLB: 159.5 in

and on full size chevy
Ext Cab / Short = 141"

I know wikipedia is not that reliaple but it also say 141"
So I am leaning towards it being 141" for ecsb and 131.5" for rclb which would be 10" different wheel base and would be a huge difference on the trail as far as turning which would make the swap that much more worth it for the extrea room and keeping 131.5" wheel base

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The wheel base is listed in your glove box. Would one of each truck please comment what gm says it is? My glove box sticker on my sclb says 131.5, and the one on the scsb says 117.5, 14 inches of difference. If you are going this route, why not start with a scsb truck, bob the bed, and build an extended cab gmt400 "avalanche" (super short bed) If i do another one, this will be the route i go. (more cab space and no extra wheel base) :naughty: If it was a frame chop like my 2500 with a 5 speed, bucket seats, and a console, that would be awesome.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Wrong one lol sorry I'll get on of my ECSB later

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wheel base is listed in your glove box. Would one of each truck please comment what gm says it is? My glove box sticker on my sclb says 131.5, and the one on the scsb says 117.5, 14 inches of difference. If you are going this route, why not start with a scsb truck, bob the bed, and build an extended cab gmt400 "avalanche" (super short bed) If i do another one, this will be the route i go. (more cab space and no extra wheel base) :naughty: If it was a frame chop like my 2500 with a 5 speed, bucket seats, and a console, that would be awesome.

One reason is it will still be drivin on the road and i like th elittle bit extra wheel base for hill climbs. Also this is the first truck I bought 6 years ago so I'm kinda attached to it