Exhaust Setup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Osiris94ej

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That pipe is ridiculous...doesn't that hurt your torque?

Tapatapatalk

That is just standard 3" pipe in place of the dual 2". I cheaped out and made it myself instead of just ordering a Y pipe assy from a tbi truck or vortec 5.0.

I haven't noticed any loss in tq. This was just a tester, the y section will get redone to fit long tubes for my 5.3 swap. Then single 3" to 2.5" dual.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is just standard 3" pipe in place of the dual 2". I cheaped out and made it myself instead of just ordering a Y pipe assy from a tbi truck or vortec 5.0.

I haven't noticed any loss in tq. This was just a tester, the y section will get redone to fit long tubes for my 5.3 swap. Then single 3" to 2.5" dual.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

In the pic the pipes look huge for some reason..I'm also on my phone...best exhaust you can have is duels with an h pipe...I got an xpipe for cheap is the only reason I didn't h mine..plus makes the duel sound allot more even

Tapatapatalk

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I have dual 2.5" from the manifolds back to SI/SO Magnaflow straight through mufflers. It sounds good but wasn't exactly what I was after. Thinking about getting an x-pipe and Flowmaster 40s.

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my z71 is stock manifolds ran into a 2in y pipe then to a short glass pack with 3'' pipe exiting in front of the left rear wheel. my 2500 gas burner has short tube headers ran into a 2.5'' y pipe then through a high flow cat then through a cherrybomb extreme that is dual out with 3'' pipe straight back. when i had my diesel it was just complete straight pipe.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I put on a Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back Dual Exhaust.. It came with the 70 Series Big Block which sounds strong but not too loud and absolutely no drone.

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm running factory piping with a y pipe into a si/so 40 series flow with a 3in tailpipe. I'm wondering how it will sound if I just get rid of the cats.Do you guys think removing the cats will change driveability at all?I know Im gonna get the ses light but I don't want to loose how well it idles and all that.I have a similar setup on my camaro, 5.0 tbi with no cat and flowmaster and do notice richer smell.Just not sure if no cats affect the 96-up motors different than the tbi engines.

StedsonZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish my tips would stay this clean. What do yall use to clean them? Mine get splashed and stained with road grime and mud
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish my tips would stay this clean. What do yall use to clean them? Mine get splashed and stained with road grime and mud

Same here! Even in the best of weather mine only look nice for a very short time.