Exhaust Setup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have any pics, I would love to see how its set up....

Finally got a couple, not the best, but the ground was wet, just a standard setup with a 2 1/2 pipe bent 45 post muffler

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

sunlitcomet

Reaction score
Well I finally finished my exhaust system. It only took a year and $1500+. It consists of the doug thorley 301y-fed tri-y headers, 2 individual magnaflow 45004 cats and a flowmaster 17165 cat back kit. All four O2's were also replaced as well. the induction noise on non-WOT has reduced a bit as a result as well instead of hear one louder exhaust pulse out the rear every revolution. they are quieter and multiple smaller ones. tri-y design at work for sure. My shift pattern seems to be effected by the change I think too but I did change the MAP and MAF sensors at the same time. Now when I punch it, I hit the rev limiter at 5500 in first and the tranny does not even begin to shift. a little off the throttle it will shift before hitting the limiter. Will have to do some PCM work.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody running dual 2.5" pipes into a DI/SO muffler?

Went to the shop today and that's how they want to set up my truck. Not to sure about that ! I was thinking a Y into a 3" pipe si/so

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that is how my 00 OBS CCSB is and it is all factory exhaust under it. I was going to stick with the same pipes before the muffler, add a Flowmaster 50 or 70 series dual in/out muffler with twin tail pipes in the factory location.

Osiris94ej

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my thrown together "y" pipe. Single 3" and 12" bullet as resonator with a turndown tacked on. Too loud, I took pics but no sound clip.

Now the truck has a Magnaflow and duals. I will update after I get pic's and a video or 2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
We are here for all of your exhaust and air intake needs. Yes, I'm kind of spamming this thread, but does honesty get me a pass? We will take care of GMT400 members at prices below anything you can find on the web. Before your next performance mod, give us a shout!

Osiris94ej

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the Pic's of my current setup.
Home made "Y" single 3", 12" Bullet, 5"x8" 18" case 3"si/2.5"do, into dual 2.5" tail's.
No converter's.

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
96 vortec 350. 93 y pipe, straight 3" no cats (what are those?), into super 40 single in single out, custom tail pipe, 4"x20" tip dumped between the hitch and leafs hidden from average persons sight. Favorite so far

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384231106415.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384231106415.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 30

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the Pic's of my current setup.
Home made "Y" single 3", 12" Bullet, 5"x8" 18" case 3"si/2.5"do, into dual 2.5" tail's.
No converter's.

Is this diesel?

Tapatapatalk