Exhaust Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra97

Reaction score
im running true dual 2.5 inch stainless with highflow cats, into super 44 mufflers and 3 inch tips, doesnt drone inside the cab, has enough bark on the outside, really comes alive when you get above 3000rpm, get compliments for it all the time, dont have a video clip unfortunately

hondaracer44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my exhaust with the set up I described before, I know it's not exactly what you're looking for but this way you can get a feel for what a 70 series muffler sounds like and decide if you want louder or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLew4pnTvMw

That sounds good! Would the 50 series be a little bit louder? I like the idle but want a little louder when you rev.

hondaracer44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im running true dual 2.5 inch stainless with highflow cats, into super 44 mufflers and 3 inch tips, doesnt drone inside the cab, has enough bark on the outside, really comes alive when you get above 3000rpm, get compliments for it all the time, dont have a video clip unfortunately

I don't really like the super 44 I think they're too loud for me lol

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
That sounds good! Would the 50 series be a little bit louder? I like the idle but want a little louder when you rev.

The 50 series will be a little louder, I wish I had gotten the 50 series myself but flowmaster doesn't make a bolt on cat back system for my truck with a 50 series.

The 50 series seems to me it'll be your best bet, I haven't heard one in person but from videos I've seen over the years and people I've talked to, it should be a little louder than the 70 series but certainly quieter than the 44 series

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Hey Chris I totally forgot about the exhaust video, so here it is :lol:

This is about what a 50 series sounds like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUQRaXF7WWI

I had totally forgotten about that!! Thanks for posting the video, it sounds great. I really wish there had been a way for me to get a full flowmaster cat back with at least a 50 series, it's really a shame that it's not offered

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I had totally forgotten about that!! Thanks for posting the video, it sounds great. I really wish there had been a way for me to get a full flowmaster cat back with at least a 50 series, it's really a shame that it's not offered

I just took it to a local exhaust shop, told them I wanted a DIDO 50 series with two slant cut tips 45'ed out the back and they bent all the new piping to route it how I wanted it from the cats back. All fully welded for $300 total.

You could probably takes yours to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a 50 series for not much more than the cost of the muffler itself.