Exhaust Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hondaracer44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here I hope you can help me but I want to put a new exhaust on my truck I can't decide what to get it. I want it to be some type of flowmaster, I want it to be quiet when I want to but when I stomp on it I want it to be loud. My motor is all stock nothing at all done to it, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Your best bet is going to be a flowmaster 50 series or 70 series muffler. Those won't have any drone and should sound pretty good when you step on it. I run flowmaster's cat-back kit they make for these trucks, which comes with the 70 series muffler. There's no drone at all, and it sounds pretty good if I get on it.

A flowmaster 40 or 44 series would most likely be too loud for what you're looking for at lower RPM's. Ultimately, you will never get something that sounds quiet at idle/low RPM's and then something that's loud when you get on it but I think the 50 series and 70 series mufflers do a pretty good job.. I wish mine was louder at low RPM's, but that's personal preference.

A 50 series muffler will be louder (albeit not by a ton) than the 70 series.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Depending how much you're willing to spend, I'd suggest looking into both Flowmaster's and Magnaflow's cat back exhaust systems. They are done really well, and have a lifetime warranty if you choose the stainless steel versions. It will cost you, however, but the installation shouldn't cost you a penny because it can be done fairly easily by yourself.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a member on here loud and lifted 88 has that setup on one of his trucks and said it worked well he was happy with it

Mattfei7

Reaction score
I just cut my flowmaster off and put on an 18in (24in overall) stainless magnaflow muffler on my 97' and it sounds amazing. Really mellow and deep at low rpm's and it sings when i step on it. 110$ on amazon and another 60 for me to get it welded, hung, and put 2 turndowns on. Not too bad. I would recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk