Esclade console question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Got my console ready to go in once weather breaks. No ones gonna be in backseat of my truck but was wonderin what can be done bout the auxiliary radio unit in rear of console? Anyone found a different piece that can fit there or repurposed the unit?

Sent from the bottom of a Jack Daniel's bottle.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I covered mine in this leather in that area.

You must be registered for see images attach

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I covered mine in this leather in that area.

Not a bad idea. I was doin a lil readin and to repurpose the audio controls i guess id need the bcm? Probly be useless though.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Damn Photobucket! Can't see you're pic due that recent 'Ha! We-gotchya-now!' monthly subscription policy.
Just by-pass the ********!
Copy or download it to a file & go from there.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Anyways...(Lol!)..I only have this one pic of my console on the bench.
In a reg. cab, with a 10" sub behind that, so the back can't be seen all that easily anyhow.
But, I filled that area in by a method of using layers of construction cardboard, laminated together, beginning with a couple of layers from the inside as a foundation. Building up from there inside the hole until it was slightly higher than the console's base plastic.
Filed it down to shape with a bodyman's bondo cheese grater file.
Covered the console parts with vinyl.
There's more work not seen inside the pieces where they all fit together.
More work than the actual stretching on of the vinyl on the outsides!
All the wrinkles inside the corners had to be cut & shaved down so that they wouldn't interfere with the final assembly.
The individual parts are all done in one piece per, except for the long top one.
Had to butt-join 2 pieces. That seam is right in the center of cup-holder cut-outs on the sides of that part. I couldn't work the vinyl in such a way as to do it all in one.
I see those joins. Most others never do.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Why I recovered it. This was after 2 major scrubbings. I had enough of the material anyway, so why dye?

Wow that's nasty. Was it in a farm truck? Great work on the recover.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It was in an Escalade that had been sunk in a 6' deep water-filled ditch, then left to sit for a year in the owner's backyard with all the windows done up.
Had to take all the motors in the seats apart & clean the rotors & stators with crocus cloth. They still had water in them! ...and rust!
I re-wired them all too.

The seats before. After a whole lot of scrubbing.

Wasn't trying to save the leather. I just wanted to be able to work on them without wearing the Haz-Mat suit!

After...
This was done 15 years ago. The seats are getting re-done. Same grey, but the red's going to be a concord grape purple. Console too.
The red looks really bright because of the flash. They're actually quite a bit darker.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
It was in an Escalade that had been sunk in a 6' deep water-filled ditch, then left to sit for a year in the owner's backyard with all the windows done up.
Had to take all the motors in the seats apart & clean the rotors & stators with crocus cloth. They still had water in them! ...and rust!
I re-wired them all too.

The seats before. After a whole lot of scrubbing.

Wasn't trying to save the leather. I just wanted to be able to work on them without wearing the Haz-Mat suit!

After...
This was done 15 years ago. The seats are getting re-done. Same grey, but the red's going to be a concord grape purple. Console too.
The red looks really bright because of the flash. They're actually quite a bit darker.

Too bad pics wont load. Sounds like a nightmare. Worse ive run into is escalade i got my console out of was home to families of mice n smelled like piss.