Part Quality Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiseLifeB

Reaction score
First off,
Update: Found a new front driveshaft from a 98 thats been t-boned, only $50 at the Treasure yard. thank you guys for that suggestion. ALOT cheaper than anything online. and can tell its in better condition than my original, u-joints are tight, still greased in the shaft. a little more rust than mine had on it and i kinda want to clean it up. but it could be a plug & play

New Question, Been looking at front end parts online. steering and suspension. does anyone have any experince with 1AAuto, they're one of the cheapest kit prices ive came across and ive seen alot of vidoes of there's over the past months of research before i even got the truck but i dont know anyone who has actually used them. thoughts or suggestions?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Suspension and steering, buy the best you can afford. Less likely to regret it later. Multiple Names come to mind. Moog "problem solver", Mevotech "TTX', Pro-Forged, etc. Cheap parts are often offset by frequent replacment and multiple alignments

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Suspension and steering, buy the best you can afford. Less likely to regret it later. Multiple Names come to mind. Moog "problem solver", Mevotech "TTX', Pro-Forged, etc. Cheap parts are often offset by frequent replacment and multiple alignments
Here here! This is probly the best advice I've heard.

CruiseLifeB

Reaction score
Inspect the parts you have, buy what you need.

"Kits" may include stuff you don't need. In today's world, "new" junk replacement parts may be less desirable than "used" OEM parts already on the vehicle.
I'll take some pictures. I've "inspected" them but as a novice I only have so much knowledge as far as what can be cleaned up and possibly recycled/repaired.
The mechanic I took it to when I bought it was the person that told me the complete front end needed to be replaced. everything does look crusty and worn thats for sure. and with the driveshaft being in the condition that it was, I have to assume the previous owners did as little maintenance as possible

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I flat out quit looking at anything that even remotely states economy line. I buy OEM or GOOD QUALITY aftermarket. I tend to get Dana Spicer products of available. I stay away from house brand anything with one exception. Something to get me home. Than I replace it.