EFI Swap - been doing my research, am I missing something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HilljackMcgee

Reaction score
So here is another question.
What I am currently trying to do is spec out my fuel injectors for this intake build, for now utilizing the pro flo xt with the pro flo fuel rails.
So my questions:

I need high impedance injectors, correct?
Ohm range which I would need to look for?

Here is the # for the fuel rail kit/info I grabbed from their website.
The Edelbrock # 3627 Fuel rail kit including provisions for either Pico or standard height injectors is available.

I am confused when I search for injectors as injectors is still fairly foreign to me (concept is easy, types....no idea) as I am still learning about them.

There seems to be varies types.....what should I be looking for?

Looks let there multiple different connector styles which is not that important to me as I will be pig tailing them to the main harness, any issues there?

Driver type? I am assuming that is the load that is activating the injectors on/off, correct?
I see 12v saturated system, which from my research, defines it basically straight 12v on off switch via the pcm, correct?

Is there different length and width sizes?

Sorry y'all I am asking so many questions, this is prob my last set of questions before i complete my intake build list/price analysis. For all that help me, thank you so much for your insight and patience, I am very grateful.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Anyone have any insight?

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe im not fully understanding what you asking. Are you wanting to do away with your factory FI and put on a complete Edelbrock EFI?

I cant speak for edelbrock but I bet its the same process. Which ever kit you get and yes buying the complete kit is better bc you arnt scrounging and mix matching parts is based on the HP and features. My vortec 383 is not making tons of HP and I dont plan on doing anything Radical with the truck so the Basic sniper fit my needs. I paired the sniper w a mid rise duel plain carb intake, holley hyperspark ignition box, Hyperspark coil, and HyperSpark distributor. I think you need to call Edelbrock and tell that what you are wanting and let them tell you what you need

HilljackMcgee

Reaction score
Maybe im not fully understanding what you asking. Are you wanting to do away with your factory FI and put on a complete Edelbrock EFI?

I cant speak for edelbrock but I bet its the same process. Which ever kit you get and yes buying the complete kit is better bc you arnt scrounging and mix matching parts is based on the HP and features. My vortec 383 is not making tons of HP and I dont plan on doing anything Radical with the truck so the Basic sniper fit my needs. I paired the sniper w a mid rise duel plain carb intake, holley hyperspark ignition box, Hyperspark coil, and HyperSpark distributor. I think you need to call Edelbrock and tell that what you are wanting and let them tell you what you need

Basically, I got the theory and gameplan of how everything goes together and works but I am confused on the injectors and what I should buy/spec out. When I do a search, I find many different types of injectors so I just want to make sure I make the correct selection.

The build will be a intake manifold which has a injector for each cylinder which will be direct wired to the main harness. This deletes the spider, we gain a "direct port" fuel injection and its still controlled by the pcm. Main thing stopping me is injectors. Injectors are very foreign to me but the wiring is easy, just confused on the types.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh ok. Yea i cant provide any insight on that. My ECU doesn't control my fuel, holley does. Hopefully someone will come along and point you n the right direction