EFI Live/Scan Cable Tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone used these on their 5.7 vortecs? I've really been thinking about a custom tune for my truck lately and was looking at Black Bear Performance and seen that they offer Scan Cable Tunes.. How would this work out on my Daily Driver versus just their pcm tune?

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I don't have a tune from BBP myself, but I'm seriously looked into one. Now that being said, their PCM tune involves you telling them the details and mods to your truck, and then they custom burn you a tune. It's good tune, and a lot of guys say it really wakes up their truck. Now the Scan Cable Tune involves you renting the cable from them and driving around with it for a week or two. Then BBP uses the data collected to build a tune custom tailored to your truck. IMO it's a much better and much more accurate way of tuning the vehicle because it's made for your exact truck and if I wasn't looking into EFI at the moment it's the Tune I was going to go with. For more info on this visit the FAQ page on BBP's website or contact them via email. I'm sure they would be able to answer your questions a lot better than I can.