Hp tuner efi live license question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got the stuff to use pcm hackers and ls Droid. Do the systems in question in title lisence by vin number? I under stand both are great with slight differences. If you have an unlimited lisence for either do the still require vin or are you in kinda the wild west. Reason I ask is I've seen the epa show up at a dsl tuner with a warrant and send out notices to customers that they need to prove the big trucks are back at stock tube before they can register them again. I don't want to be on their radar lol

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Good Question and free bump to the top because I'm also in the market for HP tuners for a few of my vehicles...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can only speak to EFILive, but they tie the license to the PCM itself. Somehow that's attached to the cable for the tuner, not sure how that works, but change the VIN all you like that's not a hack for unlimited licenses.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hp tuners licenses the vin and its 2 credits to license it

But they have an option to buy unlimited per generation

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hp tuners licenses the vin and its 2 credits to license it

But they have an option to buy unlimited per generation
So with the unlimited do they tie that ecm to you or as long ad it's the right generation you can tune. The stuff I work on i can do with the free stuff. Wouldn't mind moving up to the pro stuff and buying unlimited just don't want to be tracked

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So with the unlimited do they tie that ecm to you or as long ad it's the right generation you can tune. The stuff I work on i can do with the free stuff. Wouldn't mind moving up to the pro stuff and buying unlimited just don't want to be tracked

Put your stock computer aside and just modify another one if that's your concern.