Worst OBS mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this is a square body I saw at Dino's Git Down a couple years ago :doublepuke:

You must be registered for see images attach

@PlayingWithTBI, there is more than one layer of missing the point in your photo.

Maybe you have to live in the rust belt in order to really appreciate a clean K5 Blazer. Maybe
I'm showing my age, but I personally can't think of anything so interesting on a tiny phone screen
that would keep me here instead of over there:

And I increasingly observe behavior like this all the time?

I keep hearing about being on the far side of Peak Oil. Or Peak Manufacturing.
Starting to think we're past Peak ROI on Liberal Arts college degrees?

Kinda sad. I so enjoy studying the best efforts of others here in the real world.
And talking to the people who either did or commissioned the work. So interesting
to listen to how they think. Always enjoy the exchange of ideas.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate phones. They are a tool to help me get to a
destination in the real world. Or stay in touch with my family and friends. But if I'm
already at the show & shine, then it's high time to holster the phone and enjoy all the
truck/SUV goodness surrounding me.

:0)

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have to live in the rust belt in order to really appreciate a clean K5 Blazer. Maybe
I'm showing my age, but I personally can't think of anything so interesting on a tiny phone screen
that would keep me here instead of over there:
They had 1,000s (I would guess) chevies from OBS and older, some snuck in a NBS or 2 and almost no rust I observed. Just a few with sun fade where, even when buffed out, don't look too bad. :biggrin:

You want rust, here's an example around here:33:

Or do we call it "Patina"?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw a truck once with a bed stack exhaust that turned back down and the tip was a shower head, that should probably be on the list. Although it was pretty funny since it was the actual exhaust and not a dummy.
Shyt H-o-u-s-e chrome lol dude was probably also a long hauler with a Pete 379 floating around. i don't get it either but it's running joke amongst longhaulers to thieve a piece of bathroom chrome from a truck stop and mount it on the truck. Toilet knobs, faucet handles etc.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any performance mod with “stage” in the name, with the exception of some cams.
Include cams, calling one a stage 2 or 3 is just modern interpretation of what was called the old 3/4 race cam, and wtf is a 3/4 cam that nobody to this day can seem to answer. Who determines at what point a stage is. lol Bunch of marketing bs it is. You need numbers and specs to make decisions. My harley Davidson basic hop-up mods/kit would out run Harley's own designated stage II kit who's right? Ya Follow? It's the combination of matched components and parts along with proper tuning that makes one "quick"

Last edited:

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Include cams, calling one a stage 2 or 3 is just interpretation of the old 3/4 race cam, and wtf is 3/4 that nobody can seem to answer. Who determines at what point a stage is. lol Bunch of marketing bs it is. You need numbers and specs to make decisions.
I slightly disagree there. If someone says “I have a stage 3 race cam” then yeah that’s bs but if you say “Texas speed stage 3 low lift truck cam” that tells me exactly which cam it is and I can look up the specs if desired. With most people if you go say you have a 224/229 at .050 110LSA it goes clear over there head. I do agree most certainly that you shouldn’t make a decision on a cam based on some “stage x” name.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I slightly disagree there. If someone says “I have a stage 3 race cam” then yeah that’s bs but if you say “Texas speed stage 3 low lift truck cam” that tells me exactly which cam it is and I can look up the specs if desired. With most people if you go say you have a 224/229 at .050 110LSA it goes clear over there head. I do agree most certainly that you shouldn’t make a decision on a cam based on some “stage x” name.
You clearly get what I was trying to convey. You say stage 3 and you get oohh's, awwww's , and oh wow'sss, without understanding anything, It impresses people at the watering hole. If you say stay stage 2 or 3 cam it's not definitive and when you get on the phone with an actual cam grinder they're not referring to stages either. The may make plenty of lobe suggestions but it's not about stages, You only get into stages when you deal with tertiary suppliers. You get into hearing the best cam for you is "OUR" stage 2 like they're they only ones that can figure it out actual head flow numbers not withstanding.

*edit* if somebody says xyz brand stage 3 then yes it's easy to locate and determime if it's acceptable. The stage terminoligy is more prevalent in LS circles from what what in seeing. I also found getting on phone and actually ordering a cam gets one a pretty good schooling. P've been on with Crane, Comp, Racer brown, and a multitude of Harley cam grinders. Always enlightening, old Mr Leinweber, dudes was cam grinding genius.... how to do more with less cubes. He would talk and talk about engine theories, differences between what you see on dyno's , and what you see at the track, and I would jut try to absorb. Almost alll of the these guys had a commom denominator, close the valve while still at max head cfm.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Include cams, calling one a stage 2 or 3 is just modern interpretation of what was called the old 3/4 race cam, and wtf is a 3/4 cam that nobody to this day can seem to answer.

I feel like this guy would know, he looks to be cut from the same cloth as someone who'd call it that.

With most people if you go say you have a 224/229 at .050 110LSA it goes clear over there head. I do agree most certainly that you shouldn’t make a decision on a cam based on some “stage x” name.

I say F 'em. I wasn't born with that knowledge either. If they're too dumb to comprehend what cam you have when you spell it out then what more really is there to the conversation at hand? They're not qualified for it so the conversation rightly dies.