Dually...Done!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Actually, GM has offered short beds on duallys in the past. Not many around, but they are definitely cool little trucks. Alot of them, if not all the ones I've seen, are 4x4. I didn't think it was an argument, I was just stating what it looked like from seeing the pic. Ofcourse I can't see it as well as the pic prosho posted, which by the way is a neat looking 10-lug conversion!!!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
why is this an argument? it's painfully obvious it's a longbed. and as for questioning what was offered? GM has NEVER offered a RCSB dually. hell, they don't offer a shortbed dually period. so, unless Richard cut the frame and put a shortbed on it, it is a longbed. look at the stock picture of the truck. the bed is the same length...

Not an argument, just a conversation. lol.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it's a cool "lil" toy ain't it!!! sewlow, do you remember the lil red express and trucks like that? I wish they'd make ones like THAT again!

ManicMechanic

Reaction score
ok, argument, debate, discussion...whatever. i don't see why it's even in question is what i mean. and MOBS, when did GM offer a shortbed dually? i wanna see this. the only short wheelbase duallies i've ever seen from the General were airport tug trucks...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
They made alot of them in the generation previous to gmt400, as far as I remember, they were all 4x4 except the conversion ones.....and since you don't see them before conversion, ya don't know WHAT all they do to them. A man locally used to have a 90 model, it was a k3500 rcsb dually powered by a 454 and manual trans. Last I talked to him was about a year ago and he was selling it, I'll go by when I get back in town and see if he might still have it.

ManicMechanic

Reaction score
i just did some research. you are talking about a CCSB dually, in '99 and '00. i knew about that. re-read what i typed. i said a RCSB dually. no, they didn't offer a RCSB dually. if you can show me one that you can PROVE is factory or literature that says they exist, i'll believe it. otherwise...nope, didn't exist.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
In short, what I am talking about are GM versions of the "lil red express" trucks except in dually form. I think I've seen maybe 2-3 in the last 10yrs or so.

Next time I find one, I will check it out for ya.

Last edited:

ManicMechanic

Reaction score
:lol: i hear ya. ****, i hope it does exist...that'd be cool as hell. i've seen many of them...but all of them were built, and not factory...they look awesome!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I've actually never owned one or researched, for all I know they were all conversion company trucks :shrug: