Dually...Done!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks sharp!

I like the look of the RCSB Dually! I'd rather have a CCLB from the standpoint of how much stuff it can haul (the family or a bunch of buds and a bunch of gear in the bed.) they are mega long and would be impractical for a DD and mileage however.

I'm not a huge fan of the grill, but I love the cab lights, wheels, and cowl hood.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I really like the front-end, especially clear corners with the diffused lenses.
To me though the front (diesel) bumper looks odd. I think It's the fact that It's color-matched.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Dang, looks good man....but dang it. I've been in the process of converting my '96 to dually, getting stuff CNC'd takes forever though :nono:

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it. Looks great. If it were mine I probably would change out the grill, but it's your truck. I love the color. I've been jonesing for a dually really bad. Can't do it right now though. Good work.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I really like the front-end, especially clear corners with the diffused lenses.
To me though the front (diesel) bumper looks odd. I think It's the fact that It's color-matched.

Thanks. It's actually a Z71 Tahoe bumper. the painted bumper was determined by the fact that I already had a painted rear bumper for it. This was not a high dollar makeover by any means, and it will be used as a truck.

I like it. Looks great. If it were mine I probably would change out the grill, but it's your truck. I love the color. I've been jonesing for a dually really bad. Can't do it right now though. Good work.

Thanks. I wanted to keep the truck looking like an '89, and the maintainence low.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Just gotta measure it. 6.5ft = short; 8.5ft = long. Just my opinion, but from what I can tell in the pic and location of axle compared to ends of bed, it looks like a short bed. I used to have a 2500 rclb, and you DEFINITELY could tell it was a long bed.....I never measured it, but it was big enough to stand a king-size box spring on it's long side and still fit the head/foot boards at front of bed with tailgate closed.

Also, does anyone know for sure if the extended beds were available for these trucks as an option or are the ones in existance dealer/shop upgrades? I think they're like 10 or 12 foot beds and they're only on the long wheel base single cabs.

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
To me, there seems to be too much room between the fuel door and the back of the cab, I still say it's a long bed because I thought even the CCSB's were only offered 99-2001?

Look at this photo, and compare the distance from the fuel door to edge of cab.

You must be registered for see images attach

ManicMechanic

Reaction score
why is this an argument? it's painfully obvious it's a longbed. and as for questioning what was offered? GM has NEVER offered a RCSB dually. hell, they don't offer a shortbed dually period. so, unless Richard cut the frame and put a shortbed on it, it is a longbed. look at the stock picture of the truck. the bed is the same length...