Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... funny.

Up in Canada, litigation isn't really a thing like it is down there. Really haven't had "the talk" about paying me for missed time yet. Most big companies just pay you so they(WCB) don't classify it as a "lost time incident " and jack up their premium. WCB will make up for missed wages if the company doesn't pay you. Union has short term disability benefits as well to help if needed. There is no cost for any of the healthcare needed ether. I will get a bill for the cast and crutches, but it gets handed to the company to pay.
If there is any permanent damages, then that's when WCB gets involved and payouts happen. I sincerely hope that's not going to happen.
I'll hopefully be back in a few days, next week at the latest, sitting in front of a computer, doing online training to kill time and getting paid for it.
My superintendent has been sending me policy and work practice documents to review and tell them what I think about them, offer suggestions and such. So that will be considered work and get paid.
And honestly, until you ever mentioned it, never even crossed my mind. Just a different way of living up here I guess.
Yeah things do operate a lot differently up there it sounds.

We live in a litigious society.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah things do operate a lot differently up there it sounds.

We live in a litigious society.
You must be registered for see images attach

So kinda what I thought. Basically since WCB covers everything, there really isn't anything to sue over. That being said, if WCB investigates and finds that the company was wilfully negligent, then they fine the crap out of them, and I believe you get a cut of it and then you can sue them a lot easier. But say I lost use of my arm, WCB would pay me out a sum according to some formula a with how much you make, should make until retirement, and then will help pay for retraining for a new line of work. It's not a perfect system, some people get screwed. But it's what we got.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See that's what y'all get, for being the "nice" country.... LoL
I don't know how nice we really are!!!
Yesterday someone went into the city hall in Edmonton, where I'm staying/working/ used to live, and shot it up and threw moltov cocktails!!!
Was tackled by an unarmed security guard. No one hurt thankfully.
But for the most part, our reputation for being nice is well deserved.
I've apologized to many drunk dudes for bumping into ME at the bar!!! Lol

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m so sorry to hear about this…. Yoh saw it coming and you tried to warn them. As a Canadian Registered Safety Professional yes you are correct that although WCB will pay a portion or your wages up to a certain amount it also protects the companies from almost all litigation.

Sad event, tell your company to invest on your safety education. They just might as it’s a long recovery and the workers will respect and listen to your advice and guidance

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So kinda what I thought. Basically since WCB covers everything, there really isn't anything to sue over. That being said, if WCB investigates and finds that the company was wilfully negligent, then they fine the crap out of them, and I believe you get a cut of it and then you can sue them a lot easier. But say I lost use of my arm, WCB would pay me out a sum according to some formula a with how much you make, should make until retirement, and then will help pay for retraining for a new line of work. It's not a perfect system, some people get screwed. But it's what we got.
We have that same system down here in NZ but it's called Accident Compensation Commision, or ACC for short. Workers and employers all pay into it and they cover all of your medical costs and give "lump sum" payouts for any permanent injury or disability.