Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ours has 3 cost components, with employers paying 2 parts and employees paying 1 part, since I am self-employed I have to pay all 3 parts myself. It still beats working for someone else though.
If you are self employed here, you can pay WCB for yourself. It wasn't always like that, changed a few years ago. Before if you got hurt on the job, unless you had private insurance, you were on your own. But at least the healthcare was still free. But if you were disabled in any way, you got nothing.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welfare check. How are you recovering?
I'm doing as well as can be I guess.
Swelling has started the go down. Bruises are starting to fade a bit.
The constant pain is gone, only when I try and rotate it laterally. Haven't even taken a Tylenol in over a week.
Started taking the boot off at night, waaaaaaaay better sleep!!!! Lol
Well, until last night anyway when I came home and slept on my own bed, the dang dog wouldn't stay where she was supposed to and rolled on my foot a few times!!! Owch! Lol

The shoulder is still bugging me a fair amount, but not much I can do about that, as I need to be able to hobble around on crutches.

Have 2 appointments next week, a follow up with the OIS Dr. It's a regular Dr who works with/for WCB and your company. And then get followup x-rays and scans.

At work, they pick me up about 1/2 hour after start time, I go in and sit at a desk for the remainder of the 10hr day. Wonder out to the smoke pit for some fresh air and stretch out after sitting.
I got myself a laptop. Watched a 10hr video on how to do Excel spreadsheets. So trying to figure out how those voodoo things work!!! Lol. Then I'll try and figure out Word and whatever other fancydancy programs I may need.
The company paid for a whole bunch of courses that when finished I'll get my NCSO. That's the National Safety Codes Officer. Basically it gets you the minimum requirements to be a safety guy. Something I've been interested in for a while now.

So ya..... basically getting better, getting training so hopefully I can alter my career path.
Thanks for asking!!!!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder out to the smoke pit for some fresh air and stretch out after sitting.
I got myself a laptop. Watched a 10hr video on how to do Excel spreadsheets. So trying to figure out how those voodoo things work!!! Lol. Then I'll try and figure out Word and whatever other fancydancy programs I may need.
Whoa did you just describe my day? I live in excel and word. I hate using word.
So ya..... basically getting better, getting training so hopefully I can alter my career path.
Thanks for asking!!!!
Hope the doc has some good news for ya man. Take it easy, easier said than done though.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to hear that you're recovering, even if it is slowly.

Not to nag, but hopefully you're following the PT's recommendations orders.

Haven't even see one. About a week ago I started taking the boot off for a while at night and moving it around a bit so it doesn't lock solid. If they send me to PT, and I really hope I don't have to, I'm pretty good at following their direction.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't even see one. About a week ago I started taking the boot off for a while at night and moving it around a bit so it doesn't lock solid. If they send me to PT, and I really hope I don't have to, I'm pretty good at following their direction.
That really surprises me that you haven't been to PT yet. Maybe it's an Up North thing. But I certainly understand your not wanting to go, as here in the States PT also stands for Pain & Torture :gr_grin:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That really surprises me that you haven't been to PT yet. Maybe it's an Up North thing. But I certainly understand your not wanting to go, as here in the States PT also stands for Pain & Torture :gr_grin:
Oh it's a thing up here too!!! I'm sure the Dr will mention it next week.
I have seen my fair share over the last 2 decades. Usually for my back. I have bone spurs, arthritis and two bulging discs. I'm a mess!!! Lol
If I sit on the couch for a few days, I start "locking up" So I have to keep somewhat active.
I'll tell you what though, if I never have to get "dry needling" again in my life.....it will still be too soon!!! Lol. That sucks a$$!!!!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got myself a laptop. Watched a 10hr video on how to do Excel spreadsheets. So trying to figure out how those voodoo things work!!! Lol.
Feel free to message me if you get stuck. Because of the AF's security measures, I'm no good with macros, but I can write some pretty amazing formulas. The Mr.Excel forum is also very good. They might just be the GMT400.com of excel sheets, but with less conversation and more "stick to the answer" attitude.

1) Learn to use named ranges instead of cell references. It's far easier when writing formulas to put "=InspectionDate" than "='Maintenance Records'!$D$3:$D$1500".

2) If you have to give reports to leadership, don't use vivid colors, it gets them excited. Use pastels. Seriously. I scheduled aircraft maintenance, so performing missions was a nice chicory. Planned maintenance was a light rose. Holidays were ochre. Aircraft going off-station were a medium blue.

3) Learn how to nest formulas. "=left(a1,4)" will give you the left four characters from a cell, but "=right(left(a1,4),2)" will give you the right two characters of the same four characters. When you get to be a pro at formulas you'll find yourself nesting twenty functions within a single formula. If you've nested a formula and it's not working, use the "Evaluate Formula" function to work it through.

4) The most powerful thing you can do is learn index-match. You can do just everything a database can do with Excel if you learn how to use index-match.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Feel free to message me if you get stuck. Because of the AF's security measures, I'm no good with macros, but I can write some pretty amazing formulas. The Mr.Excel forum is also very good. They might just be the GMT400.com of excel sheets, but with less conversation and more "stick to the answer" attitude.

1) Learn to use named ranges instead of cell references. It's far easier when writing formulas to put "=InspectionDate" than "='Maintenance Records'!$D$3:$D$1500".

2) If you have to give reports to leadership, don't use vivid colors, it gets them excited. Use pastels. Seriously. I scheduled aircraft maintenance, so performing missions was a nice chicory. Planned maintenance was a light rose. Holidays were ochre. Aircraft going off-station were a medium blue.

3) Learn how to nest formulas. "=left(a1,4)" will give you the left four characters from a cell, but "=right(left(a1,4),2)" will give you the right two characters of the same four characters. When you get to be a pro at formulas you'll find yourself nesting twenty functions within a single formula. If you've nested a formula and it's not working, use the "Evaluate Formula" function to work it through.

4) The most powerful thing you can do is learn index-match. You can do just everything a database can do with Excel if you learn how to use index-match.
Those are some good tips!
I appreciate your offer for help, that's awesome.
They have me in an office of with 3 young coordinator guys who basically live in Excel all day, they have all offered their assistance as well.
I did a couple of "easy ones", still magic to me! Lol.
Basically crew+hours worked+wages to get daily and weekly sums and averages. It's neat to actually see something I've never done before work!!!! I even added "buttons" to switch between sheets!!!!! Super voodoo!!!! Lol
It's fun learning new stuff!

A day you don't learn something is a day wasted.....been my motto for decades now.