Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well folks, I'm back!!!
On the personal side, I have been without crutches and aircast booty for a few weeks. Been "walking" with a ankle brace thing.
Been upgraded from cripple to hobble. Lol
Had an ultrasound say their is a 10x4x2 cm tear in one of the shoulder muscles. I have pretty good range of motion, but still can't sleep in my preferred position.
I have completed all my NCSO courses, just have to do a safety audit on the computer, submit it and take the test. Hopefully have that done in the next few weeks.

And now onto the fun stuff!!!! Yay!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Ground down the welds on my tailgate filler. Only did them at New Year's!!! Lol
But I'm sure y'all understand.
The filler is sitting low about 3/16", but that's my fault. When I welded it in, I had it sitting down on the tailgate, I should have used magnets to hold it up flush. My bad. But nothing a skim of filler won't fix/hide. My first time doing one so please cut me some slack!!! Lol

Here is the tailgate back where it belongs, not sitting on sawhorses like it has since Xmas.

Made up some struts to hold the bottom of the rollpan in place. Used a 6x6 and 20oz hammer to do what I needed them to do.

Here is what they look like from underneath. I swear I will cut them to size, put a washer to distribute the force and paint them!!! Lol

And that's what a 7/8 assed rollpan installation looks like!
Gonna have to do some final trimming and fitment, but once it's on the ground and rolling, only I and y'all will know it's not perfect yet!! So shhhhhhh!!! Lol
Still some time left in the day, may tackle a few more things before I shut it down for the day.

Last edited:

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good so far!! Always thought the step sides look killer with a roll pan out back!! And the shaved latch will look good!
On the personal side, I have been without churches and aircast booty for a few weeks.
I read this quick and was thinking, man no church ain't to bad, but no booty for a couple of weeks, man thats pretty rough on a guy!!! :p LOL!! Glad your healing up pretty good!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Well, got it down off the ramps and stands.
First time I've seen it outside and on all fours!
Ignore the junk in the back, woman likes to think of it as a dumpster!!
And I have a generator and my welding table in there.
Guess I gotta get a tonneau if I want that to stop!!
And man she needs a shower!!!
The garage is our designated smoke area so it's a wee bit grimey! But that's not gonna change, just more reason to keep it clean I guess.
Not 100% happy with the stance, it does have the 1" spacer up front still, but I'll see once I get some kms rolling if it settles down. But I gotta get an alignment done before I go to silly. Oh, and get it registered so I can drive it!! Lol
Probably next weekend.

Have a few things that I still wanna tackle like getting the rear mudflaps off and change out the mirrors. Also door pins, but gotta track down a door first. Oh and a grill as well.

Then I'm torn between trying to get it painted soon or trying to track down a LS to swap in. Unfortunately my budget will only allow for one of those this year.

What are your guys/gals thoughts on what I should try and tackle first?
Paint or motor/trans?

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh... forgot to add these.

I put yellow paint marker on the holes that actually get used, will make putting them back on again a LOT easier!
And torqued the wheels to 120ft lbs and put the caps on.
All part of the baby steps to "completion".

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What color(s) are you planning? I personally dig the two tone its got now.
That's the million dollar question!!! Lol
I have a few ideas in mind, but until the paint is dry, it's gonna be a secret!!! Lol
Mostly because I'm not exactly sure and second, who doesn't like surprises!!!!
And cuz I'm sure some people will try and talk me out of my schemes!!! Lol
I knew I would never please everybody with whatever I choose, but I wanna be happy with whatever I go with, and not piss woman off too much in the process. She has already stated what she thinks would be cool, and I'm on board with it.

Aaaaaaaghhhhhhh......no sleep for me for a while!!!!! Lol
My brain is always running a million miles an hour thinking about this stuff!!! Lol