Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried my hand at single stage, I’m most certainly far from a professional but was never happy with results. It looked okay but the longevity just wasn’t there. Started flaking up in places where it just didn’t seem to bond to the primer? Not sure what I did wrong there.
Yeah,same here. I've tried it twice and it was eh,OK but it doesn't have the depth of BC/CC especially if you put a bit of pigment in the clear.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not hard and you don't need $300-$500 guns to do a good job. A decent $100 gun will lay paint nicely. I've painted with elcheapo NAPA gravity guns with excellent results. I still have it but it's been demoted to a primer gun. The highest expense is air/water/oil separators for your airline. I built mine that uses pure silica kitty litter to make sure there is absolutely no water or oil in the air supply.
You can use cardboard sheets with a glossy finish like big screen TV's come in for practice boards to get your airflow and material rates dialed in.
Ya, this work will be done economy style, not "cheap". Buddy has decent guns, he damn near **** himself when I said I was gonna spray with my HVLP Wagner power painter!! Lol
Haven't decided what paint brand to go with, but will start looking at paint suppliers in the city.

I will have my old door to practice on as well, and maybe a fender if I scoop a new one. Heck, I may even do my old hood, may as well so I can change from the cowl just to mess with people.

Definitely gonna have a decent filter set up.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, this work will be done economy style, not "cheap". Buddy has decent guns, he damn near **** himself when I said I was gonna spray with my HVLP Wagner power painter!! Lol
Haven't decided what paint brand to go with, but will start looking at paint suppliers in the city.

I will have my old door to practice on as well, and maybe a fender if I scoop a new one. Heck, I may even do my old hood, may as well so I can change from the cowl just to mess with people.

Definitely gonna have a decent filter set up.
I sprayed a Cushman truck with a solvent sprayer once. The finish was surprisingly good but the overspray was murder,fogged the whole shop.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was out having a dart, and decided to grab a tape measure. Front fender lip is 29.5" and read is 27.5", so 2" lower in the rear, I would have thought it would be level with the 4/6 as these are supposedly 2" of rake.
Like I said, hopefully it settles, but buddy is penciled in for next weekend to help me rip the front apart and take the spacer out. So at least it will come down 1".
The lean is definitely not happening on my watch!!!! LOL
Maya 454 will lower the front!!!!
I wish! LOL

Edit for dyslexic measurements! Thanks Sean!

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Was out having a dart, and decided to grab a tape measure. Front fender lip is 27.5" and read is 29.5", so 2" lower in the rear, I would have thought it would be level with the 4/6 as these are supposedly 2" of rake.
Like I said, hopefully it settles, but buddy is penciled in for next weekend to help me rip the front apart and take the spacer out. So at least it will come down 1".
The lean is definitely not happening on my watch!!!! LOL
Maya 454 will lower the front!!!!
I wish! LOL
Should lower the front a lil bit cause it's heavier. Will fill up the underhood real estate, and will pass everything but a gas station.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
smiles per gallon gallons per mile I do not know what that means for your metric system
Well, we are at $1.51 per liter here right now, and thanks to our governments, both federal and provincial, April 1st it goes up another 13centa or so. So let's say $1.65 a liter. Times that by 4 to get approx gallons, that's $6.60 a gallon.
And that's just for regular, let alone premium 91.

But I guess the metric equivalent would be giggles per liter???? Lol