Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So more of a personal update that project. Well I guess it does affect what I can do to the truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

So....up on an extension ladder at work. Was climbing up, and at about 8-10 rungs up and it came sliding down, with me along for the ride!!!
The bottom was tied off with a clove hitch knot that I personally tied. I'm a carpenter and scaffolder, I've literally tied that knot tens of thousands of times.
The issue was that it was a 1/4" Polly rope( the crappy yellow stuff). I talked to the bosses multiple times over a few weeks about how we needed to get 5/8" nylon rope(white stuff) for tag lines and tying off ladders. I also asked for a manlifts to be brought in as using the ladders are sketchy at the best of times. As we are building a concrete sump and flying in big gang forms that need to be clamped together, it's sketchy doing it off a ladder. They did agree to bring in a lift, but it wasn't on site yet, and did agree to order the right rope, but again, not on site yet. And of course we have to keep going. So did the best we/I could with what we had available.
Anyway, fractured ankle, small one, but still fractured.
Right shoulder also has a fracture in the rotator cuff. But they aren't sure if it's acute or happened over time as it (CT scan) showed signs of deterioration. No $hit, been swinging hammers for almost 30yrs!!!! Lol
But I argued with the Dr that my shoulder didn't hurt before the crash!!!
Awaiting a call from the orthopedic surgeon to see if they think I need surgery. Site wants me back there, even if it's just sitting there doing nothing, so it's not lost time incident. Argued that's not what the ER doctor said, she said bed rest for a while. They dragged me to another DR yesterday to see about "modified duties" he said no, seditary only.
Went to site after the appointment, because big wigs wanted to chat with me, sat for 4hrs and nobody even came to talk to me, other than my boss's and crew. They wanted me to come back today, but I argued with work saying I need to manage the pain and get into a somewhat normal sleep pattern. I've had 6hrs or so over the last 2 nights.
So ya....that's an update of sorts. Even if I was at home, (I'm at my parents place as it's close to work, I live an hour away) I wouldn't be doing anything in the garage, other than smoking.

I'm hoping work does the "right thing" and just pays me for the days I'm not there, as WCB doesn't pay your full wage. But my crew of 8 actually came up with over $500 cash for me! I was in tears when she handed it to me!! I've donated lots to other guys/girls in similar situations, I never thought I'd be a recipient.

So ya, this is going to be a "fun" 6-8 weeks I'm sure.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9 year old daughter!!! Lol
The joys of being a father. Between her and her 15yr old sister, I've pretty much had painted nails for 7-8 years.
Don't judge me!!!!! Lol
The nurses, DR and safety guys all laughed as well.
Kind'a figured it was something like that.
Just pokin' fun man.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
All good bro....if y'all following this/me haven't figured it out, I have a heck of a sense of haha, and if you can't take it, don't dish it.
Only time the guys I grew up around weren't giving you a hard time over something was when they were angry at you.

My 4 year old is already trying to paint my nails... unsuccessful so far.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only time the guys I grew up around weren't giving you a hard time over something was when they were angry at you.

My 4 year old is already trying to paint my nails... unsuccessful so far.
Exactly....we have had apprentices go to supervisor, and me when I was a supervisor saying the guys are being mean, busting my balls. And you say good, cuz if they weren't, means they don't like you. Respectfully of course, there are definitely lines that you don't cross, but good natured ribbing is part of growing up on jobsites.

I'm out of town for most of my kids lives, unfortunately. So any time I get to spend with them I take it. The fun stuff is when they play tattoo artists. My kids have dirty minds!!! Lol

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New truck name: settlement

New build list: LS9, T56, Intro billet wheels, House Kolor $35K paint job, JL audio sound system…

But seriously, hope you have a speedy recovery. That was very nice of your crew to do for you. Hopefully corporate will follow suit.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New truck name: settlement

New build list: LS9, T56, Intro billet wheels, House Kolor $35K paint job, JL audio sound system…

But seriously, hope you have a speedy recovery. That was very nice of your crew to do for you. Hopefully corporate will follow suit.
Lol... funny.

Up in Canada, litigation isn't really a thing like it is down there. Really haven't had "the talk" about paying me for missed time yet. Most big companies just pay you so they(WCB) don't classify it as a "lost time incident " and jack up their premium. WCB will make up for missed wages if the company doesn't pay you. Union has short term disability benefits as well to help if needed. There is no cost for any of the healthcare needed ether. I will get a bill for the cast and crutches, but it gets handed to the company to pay.
If there is any permanent damages, then that's when WCB gets involved and payouts happen. I sincerely hope that's not going to happen.
I'll hopefully be back in a few days, next week at the latest, sitting in front of a computer, doing online training to kill time and getting paid for it.
My superintendent has been sending me policy and work practice documents to review and tell them what I think about them, offer suggestions and such. So that will be considered work and get paid.
And honestly, until you ever mentioned it, never even crossed my mind. Just a different way of living up here I guess.