DOOR PINS - PROBLEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've had so many probs with new door rubbers when working on resto vehicles. Just as you've described. Messes with my interior designs. Get it all layed out, sewn, installed onto the panels, aiming for perfection, only to find that nothing lines up, doors won't close & they do that pop thing when the doors are opened. Doors not latching until they were slammed shut. (boo!)
Spent many hours fooling & fussing & cursing thinking that it was me that had screwed up in my patterning causing binding in the jambs. Trimming panels, removing & re-installing windlace, nothing would work, only to find that the body guys had installed the door rubbers after I had made my patterns. That was/is usually the culprit.
Between aftermarket manufacturers having to design a repro product with a 10% dif. in order to void copyrighted factory designs, and with the rubbers being new & not having had a chance to conform to the door/body jamb, along with with the new windlace each small difference added up & compounded the prob.
Now I get the body guys to install the rubbers as the last thing they do before they do they're final alignments. Put the ball in their court before they start blaming my work as the prob. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get all that right.
Probably comparing apples to oranges as you aren't doing a complete resto, but just letting you know how new door rubber CAN cause probs.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Should have been more clear on the pop sound. The door pops out when I open it. It's like its being pushed out.