Door Pin Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need an upper door pin for my 94, and i was wondering what the easiest way to remove it. Please let me know. Thanks

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol. i hope its not that hard. can i just drive it out? its the top pin, that the spring puts pressure on, that holds the door open. well the part of the pin/bushing where they meet, is bent and doesnt hold the door open. and after getting my leg slammed in the door about 4 times because of 30 mph winds, im already fed up with it. lol

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
The pin you are referring to is called the roller pin. Just pry the clip off and drive it out.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's the factory roller pin then you have to grind off the factory swedged out end and then knock it out, the replacement ones are held with a clip though.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot that the roller pin has that pressed/crimped end on it.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
The only thing you might have to do is open up the top of the hole before you drive the splined end through. My new pin was about .020 larger than the existing hole.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yay. i might just leave that up to the new owner my trucks gonna have in a few days. lol. but we'll see. thank you guys for the info