DO NOT USE E-15!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
When the car manufacturers and AAA say that E-15 is bad for your car and can void the warranty, you know there is something wrong with it.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2000862202001/

If your vehicle is not flex-fuel capable, do not use it! If you don't know, don't use it! When at a mixer pump (1 hose for all grades) that has E-15, get at least 4 gallons just to make sure that the possible E-15 that was in the system is completely diluted.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I guess they decided that since C4C went so badly that they would try again with this. I can see a lot of vehicle off the road because of this. Now they also have a chance to attack small engines.

96cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank GOD for small town South Carolina. Any octane non Ethanol is readily available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good to hear a correspondant that actually understands vehicles and is able to accurately report it, I don't think I've ever heard an automotive related news report (in non-automotive specific news outlet) that mentioned things like detonation, octane requirements, stainless steel carrying requirements vs system corrosion, energy density, etc...and can separate those issues from the political and economic factors...as a member of the automotive media, its refreshing to see a knowledgeable person like that on a national news syndicate....

all ethanol blends can suffer the same problems, its just less likely with lower blends....and there's also nothing wrong with ethanol IF you are setup to correctly run it. ethanol requires a little different handling than regular fuel due to its chemical properties...its less energy dense, so it requires different fuel delivery (injector flows), it burns at a different AFR and requires a little different tuning to compensate for that (which also depends on the concentration of the blend)...etc....so it's not really that ethanol is BAD...its that it has specific requirements that practically all vehicles before 2012 lacked. when I do my engine build and semi-"restoration" on my truck I'll be building it to ethanol specs because in the future its only going to get worse, might as well be prepared for it.