DO NOT USE E-15!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Don't seem to have that problem up here. "regular" supposedly contains "up to 10% ethanol", plus contains "up to 5%" and supreme contains "none", but from what I've heard/read there's no real difference, other than supreme is like, 7 cents more per litre :shrug:

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Round here Premium/Supreme sometimes contains 10% and sometimes is pure. It'll say "recreational fuel" on the pump handle if its pure. Thankfully one of the three stations in town has ethanol-free for our chainsaws/four-wheelers and other recreational vehicles. Filled up my truck with ethanol-free premium once. It felt like it handled better and ran smoother, but that could just be my mind compensating for the extra money I wasted.

It was my understanding that ethanol is very corrosive. 10%, to me, doesn't seem to make a huge difference and is pretty much what everyone uses to run their <$100k vehicles around here and no one has had any problems outside of usual wear-n-tear. E-15 or more... probably not the best choice. We don't even run it in my dad's '06 Avalanche (flex-fuel) cause we crunched some numbers and he gets 1 mpg less and it costs 2 cents more to run than regular.

Last edited: