DNX9980HD install in my 97 Chevy Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont have a passenger airbag (and the driver one is in the garage) so if thats all its there for, I wont worry about a little modification.....

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok ... Here we go.
Thought about hiding it ... but Dads spare truck had the same ash trey setup as mine ... So, I decided to do this

You must be registered for see images

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Using my old broke A/C controller ... I tried my hands at a router ...
I'm definately not wood working savy ... LOL

cut up some MDF and made me a frame ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And as of now ... We are here
Rough fit looks good and all of the wiring fits nicely ... The A/C unit should be flust fit when I'm ready to cover the frame with vinal ...
just got some fiberglassing to do with it first ... Wish me luck ...

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking into something like that too-if I couldnt get it to work any other way. If I am forced to go this way, I want to try and incorporate the power center too. Did you lengthen your wiring, or when you drag it all out is it long enough?

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking into something like that too-if I couldnt get it to work any other way. If I am forced to go this way, I want to try and incorporate the power center too. Did you lengthen your wiring, or when you drag it all out is it long enough?
I've never used the power center ... but I will set up some Sig lighter gizmos (hidden) under there somewhere just in case I might need them later ...
I'm thinking I may need one to power my harddrive in the near future ...
Yes, I extended all of the A/C controller wires about 2 feet to move the unit into its new position in the dash ... Don't get in any hurry with this and get any wires crossed up ... LOL

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good so far...
Thanks bro ... Its level with the rest of the dash, and doesn't seem to stick out too far. I wanted it closer, but the metal bar was in the way and ruined those plans ... Oh well
I just got to figure out how to mount it without seeing any screws on the outside area ... I hope I don't have to pull the dash down again to mount it the correct way, but if I do, I have more work I need to get done to the center channel speaker area anyways ...